Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Manual at Portiacraft

Alfaian said:
Lovely car mate :thumb:

Which coilovers are you going for and how much of a drop will they be?

Also, are you fitting spacers to the wheels?

Has to be done imo :grin:

I've decided to give BC coilovers a go, a work colleague has them on a BMW, it rides very well and he's had no issues in 2 years of ownership - they seem very good value for what they are.

Previously i've used Bilstein PSS10 and KW V3 on other cars and of the 2 I preferred the ride of the Bilsteins but they didn't offer much in the way of lowering.

What I like about the BC's is instead of compressing the spring to lower it you shorten the damper body so the spring compression remains the same (although that is also adjustable). It should be possible to dial in a bit more comfort as well as lowering it at the same time.

I may end up changing them for something else at a later date but i thought for the money it was worth giving them a go.

double post :pc:

Coilovers on, what a pain in the arse it was though..every bolt was stuck and ended up cutting one of the coffin arms out that had previously been bodged/repaired with copper grease injected into the ball joint. I'm not really sure how that passed said dealers PDI but at least it's fixed now.

42904538892_6c56e80ac1_h.jpg

Ah thats a nice stance :grin: :thumb: good job

Congrats, looks awesome! Welcome to the white 3.6 gen 2 club 😁

Thanks, new wheels on order...trying to wait patiently for them to arrive. :lol:

Stance looks perfect. :bandit:

What rims have you decided on?

C.

BBS E88 19x8.5 and 19x11, worked out a similar price to BBS LM's but as they're 3 piece I could rebuild them to different specs/diameters should I change cars in future.

I like this thread. Now that you have coilovers and new rims/tyres, what else is on the modification plan? SSK, lightweight fly, rear diff??

MaxA said:
I like this thread. Now that you have coilovers and new rims/tyres, what else is on the modification plan? SSK, lightweight fly, rear diff??

Next on the list is probably a pair of leather Recaro Pole Positions, exhaust (probably topgear) and getting the front end repainted.

I've looked at the SSK a bit but unsure if i'd prefer something like a CAE shifter, I previously had a CAE in my Mk1 Golf but it was a bit extreme in that so not sure.

I've not looked at differentials, i've used Quaife & Wavetrac in the past albeit in front wheel drive cars...i'm not sure i'll do this to the 997.

ninenineseven said:
BBS E88 19x8.5 and 19x11, worked out a similar price to BBS LM's but as they're 3 piece I could rebuild them to different specs/diameters should I change cars in future.

Nice choice. :thumb:

C.

ninenineseven said:
MaxA said:

Next on the list is probably a pair of leather Recaro Pole Positions, exhaust (probably topgear) and getting the front end repainted.

I've looked at the SSK a bit but unsure if i'd prefer something like a CAE shifter, I previously had a CAE in my Mk1 Golf but it was a bit extreme in that so not sure.

I've not looked at differentials, i've used Quaife & Wavetrac in the past albeit in front wheel drive cars...i'm not sure i'll do this to the 997.

There is a lot you can do if you're not a purist and you have the appetites of Phil, but I hadn't thought about a CAE. I've never driven a car with one fitted, but I have driven a Porsche with an SSK and it was pretty slick.

I reckon you should start up a project thread.

CAE's are very well made but I found it quite notchy and stiff to operate in my Mk1 Golf.

18459896042_07df7a027a_h.jpg

I'll start a new thread as soon as i've built the wheels :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back