Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 rear light conversion

DucatiRob said:
Hi Nikos, can't help you with your problem I'm afraid, hope you get it sorted!

I am really interested in the K&N filter setup, like you I fitted a turbo wing/decklid to my car. I bought an Agency Power dual cone filter with the carbon air box, it was second hand but never used (awful quality by the way if anyone ever considers one, don't). The engine really struggled to cope with this setup, the ECU compensated as best it could but it would run very rough below 3000 revs, a huge flatspot at 2500 and I was getting CELs and all sorts of fault codes. In the end I took the wing off and went back to stock.

Interested how you got on with the K&N set up, any running issues, fault codes etc?

Hi Rob, thanks, I still haven't had time to take it to my dealer, I'm sure it's just a case of coding, well I hope it is :floor:
I've had the wing fitted for over a year with the K&N setup, I've had no problems with the K&N filter at all.
I know lots of people had problems with oil fouling the MAF, having flat spots and CELs and generally not being happy with the K&N filter.
I did mod the K&N setup a little: so I had read about all these problems and first saw a trend in that people were putting the maf the wrong way round, hence flat spots, CELs etc, I then read up on velocity profiles, Reynolds numbers & laminar flow and decided the easiest thing to do would be to install a flow straightener!
Basically the flow straightener increases turbulence at low flow rates to keep the flow turbulent at low loads - what your MAF wants- and decrease the entrance length at all loads to remove the effect of bends before the MAF-which on the K&N setup is not applicable as the MAF has no bends before it.
I cut down an old Audi 3" MAF housing, perfect fit and it did make a difference, I'm not talking HP but the car seemed to "breathe" easier.

Attachments

• photo_1_2_135.jpg
    photo_1_2_135.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,764
  • 20170128_184022_653.jpg
    20170128_184022_653.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,764
  • 20170128_184008_111.jpg
    20170128_184008_111.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 2,764
  • 20170128_183952_172.jpg
    20170128_183952_172.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,764
And a fitted pic.
Also be sure to get a sock to prevent any chance of water fouling.

Attachments

• install_387.jpg
    install_387.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,757
That's really interesting Nikon's, thank you. Will be looking into this when I get home from Germany! From what you have said, it could well be that the MAF fitting on my Agency Power Y pipe is very close to a bend, might have a play with this first! If I don't get any joy I may well invest in the K&N set up!
Cheers :thumb:

Worth fitting a flow straightener Rob just to see if there is any improvement before spending money on changing your setup.
If you don't have an old maf housing they can be had on ebay for a few £.
Hope it works out :thumbs:
Nick

hello did u get this fixed? u have a 2009 so despite the older tail lights the rear module is still the newer module but set to 'incandescent'.... all that needs to be done is set to 'led'.

if this doesn't work then i believe some pin swapping may be needed.

3nder said:
Hi Guy a

Sorry to revive this thread..
I have a 2009 GT2 and have done the rear conversion.
I assume I have the needed modules as it is 2009.
I've shaved the connector , connected everything flawlessly and coded all modules to LED with Durametric Pro.
Turn the key to position 1 , test everything : everything works great except I have rapid flashing signals on the cluster... I can live with it.
I start the engine ... rear turn signals start to flick and then shuts off.....
I tried to connect FVD modules : these removed the hyper flashing light on the cluster but still no turn signal when engine is running..... I even tried the pin swapping ( I should not need it ... ) when it only gets worse ( sometimes no light at all depending on the pins )

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated... can't wait to get my beat out of the garage for the summer....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back