Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Museum Stuttgart/Factory Tour

I'd agree with MB, but also suggest Sinsheim as it's not far away.

The factory tour is pretty good but the bit that would of really piqued my interest,the body assembly and painting is out of bounds.

The food and service in the Porsche restaurant is fantastic, it is a bit toppy on the price though.

They also have a whiskey and cigar room for an after dinner drink and smoke.

Oh and if you get the right seat you look across the museum over dinner, so if your wife is as ugly as mine it makes a nice change to see something nice while you eat.

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

budflicker said:

Oh and if you get the right seat you look across the museum over dinner, so if your wife is as ugly as mine it makes a nice change to see something nice while you eat.

I know that feeling..luckily my girlfriend is as pretty as a blank cheque :grin:

I know this has been mentioned before, but please do visit the Mercedes museum, it is brilliant as a building never mind the collection of vehicles.

budflicker said:
The food and service in the Porsche restaurant is fantastic, it is a bit toppy on the price though.

They also have a whiskey and cigar room for an after dinner drink and smoke.

:eek: Hopefully shes never heard of 911.UK.com :grin:

Zorro said:
I know this has been mentioned before, but please do visit the Mercedes museum, it is brilliant as a building never mind the collection of vehicles.

The factory tour as well, a very interesting contrast to Porsche. The Mercedes museum is a lot bigger than the Porsche one.

MC

In June we are taking the Targa for a European trip visiting pals in Brussels and Paris. We'll do Reims and Stuttgart but the Porsche Factory tour is fully booked. I didn't know it was so fully booked/popular, but there you go, epic fail ici.

Maybe we just do the Porsche Museum and then do Mercedes? Go and get some beer and bratwurst!

Any suggestions?

JB

Motorworld region (near the V8 Hotel) is meant to be good.

If you don't mind a 50 mile drive then the Sinsheim Museum is hard to beat. They have Concorde and the Russian version up on the roof, cars, motorcycles, bikes and all kinds of other things and an IMAX cinema.

Plenty of things around Stuttgart otherwise and great public transport that is cheap.

Porsche Museum tickets have a 25% off Mercedes Benz Museum voucher on the back now. Valid until 2020! Not sure if MB have a reciprocal deal.

OPC opposite has started to open the showroom on a Sunday, but not the Porsche Design shop. Worth wandering out the back of there too as you see the odd interesting car in for a service.

Not much else open on a Sunday, not like Britain.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back