Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Talk to me about number plates

Must be just the turbo's that have the extra rad.

One of our group got a tug from dibble last year due to illegal plate, they were actually okay about it, the thing is they're ANPR cameras ping if it doesn't recognise the plate.

Just to clarify, 997.1 tiptronic cars have the centre cooling rad to assist cooling the autobox, the manual doesnt have this unless its been retrofitted as a risk reducing extra which one or two have done to try and keep temps down . the 997.2 PDK does not have a central rad and neither does the .2 manual.
the GT cars also have a central cooling set up that vents through the smile grille whereas the tips vent under the car . :thumb: I think that covers everything but I am sure someone else will flag if I have missed something :grin: :thumb:

Re: front plate

Rickenbacker said:
mounted on a zunsport grill

I must say that looks great and I'd never of thought of doing that. Been looking at the zunsports and with that added benefit I'm sold. Car looks superb.

Stick on front plate from DMB graphics. £11 and fully legal.

Magic919 said:
It lacks the markings of a fully legal plate.

yes they are supposed to show the plate makers details in the bottom right corner I believe

My DMB one has the legally required markings in grey in the corners. Visible to the naked eye when being inspected by plod/MoT, just very subtle.

James M-S said:
My DMB one has the legally required markings in grey in the corners. Visible to the naked eye when being inspected by plod/MoT, just very subtle.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Another fully legal DMB plate, the only way to go!

Cheers, Keith

Attachments

• gt3_120616_001r1_628.jpg
    gt3_120616_001r1_628.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 2,987
It seems they don't do them any more.

Just seen this thread ... here's mine for the record ... raised lettering from Demon Plates, shortened to length of plinth and glued onto the plinth with clear silicone

Attachments

• img_0075_copy_555.jpg
    img_0075_copy_555.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,964
James M-S said:
It seems they don't do them any more.

The web site advice is to ring them to ensure legal compliance. It's just their page image that shows nothing current.

Cheers, Keith.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed their position regarding being fully legal. I don't think they are BS compliant.

Magic919 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed their position regarding being fully legal. I don't think they are BS compliant.

I don't see why you think that? Speak to Dave at DMB to be convinced they are fully legal. It's his business you are dissing.

Cheers, Keith.

Phil 997 said:
...the 997.2 PDK does not have a central rad and neither does the .2 manual...

True.

But that center-area routes air to the two side radiators. How effective that is, can't say. But in general I'd think carefully before occluding that area.

Karl.

PS: Bear in mind I'm the type that actually added a 3rd radiator in my .2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back