Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nordic Gold 997.2 4S Targa, very Nice

MaxA said:
I was at a local cars n' coffee yesterday morning (it was public holiday, before you ask) and it struck me that - apart from the race and drift cars - 9 out of 10 were dull greys/blacks/whites etc. Perhaps they were all 'stealth' [if you're running an illegal supercharger this might be a good thing], but I suspect they're simply daily drivers. I am just as bad, as my cars are white and grey.

There were on the other hand only a couple of brightly coloured cars, and they really stood out. Presumably this is a bad thing, as you might attract the wrong kind of attention (Rozzers, knobs). But it's a shame as the bright blues, yellows and such looked so great in the sunshine... :oops:

We need more colour in our lives! :grin:

Max, I think you always find the majority of cars are sold in safe colours and through out the early 21st century thats been black and silver with White arriving later in popularity as a safe colour.
I understand that concept for the ave daily or rep mobile but if your buying a sports car or an exotic your not exactily buying a bland rep/eurobox so why select a safe colour :?: sort of says look at me but not too hard :floor: I have a loud car in a dull colour lol.
I like bright colours and to be honest if your hooning up the M1 at 120mph whether its grey or viper green the old bill :cop: are going to be interested.

Dont get me wrong I like black and silver, black as it looks stunning when clean and silver because it looks good even when not clean lol. but love seeing 911s fezzas ,lambos, mazzas in bright colours

and I would imagine some other countries the buyers are even more conservative on colour then even us Brits.

Nice Black on Red Targa 4S at Cameron Sports cars,

What is everyones view on the full RED interior ?

For me I'm either going for so called safe colours that I really like (black or blue) or all out wild (yellow, red, orange, lime). It's just these odd special order middling colours that don't do it for me (this, macadamia, etc).

I doubt I'd have a special car in silver or white, though I wouldn't rule it out because I buy what's available second hand and don't have the patience to wait too long. My last two dailies have been silver though.

But for now not only have I had black 911s but I make them extra black: black tail pipes, black badges, black interior changes. The cleaning is a pain though.

A loud colour GT2 would do lovely if anybody's got one going spare.

Phil 997 said:
Ishay said:
High miles!? Am I missing something or is it 28k on a 9 year old car. Unless your looking for a museum piece which this isn't, how few miles does one need?

Ishay, thats SBSP sense of humour mate :grin: :grin: or at least thats what I had assumed :floor: :floor:

Au contrair! Hermans over 9 years old and his milometer is clicking dangerously close to 20k :eek: I nearly shat myself when I saw it!
Herman Silver (the one before this came with 8500 on the clock 2010 My) So approaching 30k would worry me :grin: in fact I actually sold Herman Cream when he went past the 30k Mark :thumb:

Ishay said:
Is that the same colour as the Exclusive series Turbo S of the recent models?

Nope. The 'Exclusive' is much nicer. Gold rather than copper.

spongebob squarepants said:
Phil 997 said:
Ishay said:
High miles!? Am I missing something or is it 28k on a 9 year old car. Unless your looking for a museum piece which this isn't, how few miles does one need?

Ishay, thats SBSP sense of humour mate :grin: :grin: or at least thats what I had assumed :floor: :floor:

Au contrair! Hermans over 9 years old and his milometer is clicking dangerously close to 20k :eek: I nearly shat myself when I saw it!
Herman Silver (the one before this came with 8500 on the clock 2010 My) So approaching 30k would worry me :grin: in fact I actually sold Herman Cream when he went past the 30k Mark :thumb:

:floor: :floor: Well SBSP that stunned me into silence for at least 15 seconds :grin: well at least I know now who spends there life running cars in for every one else :floor: :floor: :floor:

I'll bet it polishes up well :thumbs:

Merlint4s said:
Nice Black on Red Targa 4S at Cameron Sports cars,

What is everyones view on the full RED interior ?
Full red no, half red/half black....now that's a different matter altogether

Phil 997 said:
Phil 997 said:
Ishay said:

:floor: :floor: Well SBSP that stunned me into silence for at least 15 seconds :grin: well at least I know now who spends there life running cars in for every one else :floor: :floor: :floor:

M8 remember though this is only with the Hermans! The Bavarian contingent (my daily 3 series) has been around the world close to 6 times 🚘

Im pretty sure i have serviced that car in the past .. its in my area and i have seen that colour on a Targa before .. in the flesh its a pretty bold but good looking car imho .

Phil 997 said:
Phil 997 said:
Ishay said:

M8 remember though this is only with the Hermans! The Bavarian contingent (my daily 3 series) has been around the world close to 6 times 🚘

:floor: :floor: :floor: so from one extreme to the other :grin:

Rare for good reason!
Jewish racing gold anyone.............

I'm watching prices on 997.2 4S carefully as am ready to pull the trigger on one.

I suspect I'll end up in a Coupe (less to go wrong, lower price, alleged rattling of the targa roof), though the targa does make the interior much more airy.

That car looks expensive to me, especially when you consider the spec (no chrono plus, no heated seats, no PSE etc). Sytner have a better appointed black car on for 5k less and I even think that's expensive (more miles...but as someone above noted these are at least 7yrs old now so unless you intend not to use it...).

Brave colour choice too.

There's a massive spread on cars at the moment. Dealers (OPC or otherwise) prices seem to be high IMO and stock sits unsold for ages. The odd private sale has come up at much more sensible levels (and hence they move on more readily), so suspect patience will be a virtue...

Re the Targa roof .. many of the rattles / noises can be stopped and i can easily give advise to stop noises .

It will need a cable replacement at some time , which isnt cheap , but it rarely ever needs doing again so pretty much a one off cost .

murph7355 said:
I'm watching prices on 997.2 4S carefully as am ready to pull the trigger on one.

I suspect I'll end up in a Coupe (less to go wrong, lower price, alleged rattling of the targa roof), though the targa does make the interior much more airy.

That car looks expensive to me, especially when you consider the spec (no chrono plus, no heated seats, no PSE etc). Sytner have a better appointed black car on for 5k less and I even think that's expensive (more miles...but as someone above noted these are at least 7yrs old now so unless you intend not to use it...).

Brave colour choice too.

There's a massive spread on cars at the moment. Dealers (OPC or otherwise) prices seem to be high IMO and stock sits unsold for ages. The odd private sale has come up at much more sensible levels (and hence they move on more readily), so suspect patience will be a virtue...

If the mileage starts with a 1 or 2 the price starts with a 5. I think there cheap and prices should rise more. :grin: Just where the market is for a nice low mileage one. There seems to be movement on 997.2 prices at the moment but not for low mileage examples. Even copper pipe coloured ones :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back