Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart lowering springs

Drew1209

Spa-Francorchamps
Anyone know what drop these springs would give or are there different drops depending on spring.

Lastly, the springs are off 996turbo, will these fit a 996 C4

yes turbo springs will fit a wb car , if you have PASM it with drop 15mm if no PASM 25mm :thumb:

Lovely Phil, thanks for the quick response. 👍

Is yours a C4 or C4S? I think Phil is referring to C4S.

I've just been looking into this. I think they will physically fit, but I suspect they'll be the wrong spring rate, because the turbo is too much heavier and perhaps has different damping characteristics.
Techart springs are made by eibach and they list different part numbers for turbo and C4S. Surprisingly it's the same part number for C4S and C4.

You can compare part numbers here:
http://www.techart.de/en/techart-showroom/parts-database/parts-program.html

EGTE said:
Yep, I reckon too stiff.

Ah yes they will phisically fit as they are all AWD cars but may be a tad stiffer than the ones for a 4 thats a good point :thumb: but that might not be a bad thing on a non PASM car :?:

I prefer soft springs and strong damping, but we're all individuals. :D

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back