Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nine Excellence and my 997.1 Turbo

Hi

Ken and the 9e packages are 100% reliable, ask me how i know ! The ethos is not to run everything at 100% as this will lean toward issues. However run at 80% and its a win win for all, both mechanically and cost !

My ethos is reliability and driveability

Just for my two pennith worth:

0-60 is not real world on a 996 or 997 without launch control. esp if you are getting big BHP

Made me giggle re Imi,,,he must had done 100s upon 100s of runs LOL

I cannot really launch hard from 1st gear, to much loss of traction, whats the point ?,,,,,have to get it moving, into 2nd and give it the beans, then hold on very tight indeed and a little prey en route ! That not to say its not quick off the line of course he he te he !

I went Protomotive custom intercoolers, but have heard nothing but good things re D088

Lovely spec :)

The GT2RS turbos are the same as the GT2, and are also the same as .2 turbos but with a different DV location. Hybrids use larger compressor wheels together with porting.

Tom, I think your Wagner are at least equal to the DO88, we had loads of heat soak at VMAX due the but ques so it's not really a proper test

Very nice ! A video please to hear the sound track 😎

Mezgerite said:
Lovely spec :)

The GT2RS turbos are the same as the GT2, and are also the same as .2 turbos but with a different DV location.
Thanks so much Mezgerite, I did not know the 997.2 also used the same turbo's thanks for that :)

Slayer said:
Very nice ! A video please to hear the sound track 😎
Thank you Slayer, hehe pretty sure they sound the same but i'll see what i can do :thumb:

Mezgerite said:
Tom, I think your Wagner are at least equal to the DO88, we had loads of heat soak at VMAX due the but ques so it's not really a proper test

That is reassuring Rick. Hopefully we will see an improvement next time.

FRP said:
I cannot really launch hard from 1st gear, to much loss of traction, whats the point ?,,,,,have to get it moving, into 2nd and give it the beans,

I think first gear launches puts a fair bit of stress on the car too but if you are running at VMAX you will need to half a decent launch but I agree second gear pulls are easier :)

Car looks amazing in triple black. I wouldn't change a thing mate and you defo made the right choice skipping the 991 t. You wait till you run her on race fuel. Night and day difference again - I couldn't believe the difference over the standard 650bhp on Vpower. Its more like 800bhp at the crank on MS109 race fuel and the 0-300kph times back this up maybe even a bit more than that to be honest :grin:

Ken, out ion interest don't GT2 VTGS have green tags not blue tags mate? Just hearsay from someone I know well who buys and sells VTGS.

IMI A said:
Car looks amazing in triple black. I wouldn't change a thing mate and you defo made the right choice skipping the 991 t. You wait till you run her on race fuel. Night and day difference again - I couldn't believe the difference over the standard 650bhp on Vpower. Its more like 800bhp at the crank on MS109 race fuel and the 0-300kph times back this up maybe even a bit more than that to be honest :grin:

Ken, out ion interest don't GT2 VTGS have green tags not blue tags mate? Just hearsay from someone I know well who buys and sells VTGS.
the tag colour makes no difference - actually there is a major problem at the moment as BW are now refusing to sell these outside of Porsche - trying to find a solution as have another one to do at the moment as well.

Thanks so much, I am looking forward to testing it with race fuel... And maybe the black wheels will grow on me too we'll see :)

Can you confirm what 0-60 times you get on your car and is that with or without MS109? I am guessing it won't make too much difference given traction (and skill in my case) is probably the limiting factor.

911tom said:
Mezgerite said:

I don't have experience of the Wagner ones but on the one run imi did before his excursion despite queuing we only saw 55c at 215 which is incredible.

apollokre1d said:
FRP said:
I cannot really launch hard from 1st gear, to much loss of traction, whats the point ?,,,,,have to get it moving, into 2nd and give it the beans,

I think first gear launches puts a fair bit of stress on the car too but if you are running at VMAX you will need to half a decent launch but I agree second gear pulls are easier :)
Thanks for the kind review - really unnecessary but always appreciate it :thumb:

Personally I don't like launching cars - why bother when all you end up doing is potentially adding stress - when we started Vmax events before they became official none of us did this. Trouble is when you line up there is always that temptation too.

My pleasure and sorry it took me over 2 1/2 years :oops:

apollokre1d said:
Thanks so much, I am looking forward to testing it with race fuel... And maybe the black wheels will grow on me too we'll see :)

Can you confirm what 0-60 times you get on your car and is that with or without MS109? I am guessing it won't make too much difference given traction (and skill in my case) is probably the limiting factor.

Yes 3.1 secs on MS109 but I don't think the race fuel makes a tangible difference to the 0-60.

Oz is 2.9 secs and over and above us he has catless and inconel headers.

Only difference between you and me is EP1 vs EP2 and in reality there's virtually no difference between those two exhausts. In fact Stef can easily convert yours to EP2 I bet but a bit more bassy. He prefers the EP1 himself I think but with GT2 turbos there is no drone in my view. Again I wouldn't bother here. Ken feels it holds power back a bit but I think thats a good thing with our kits especially on race fuel map which is crazy! You'll out run a Mac 720 S at events.

Lovely write up and great to hear how happy you are with it :thumbs:

The spec sounds incredible :worship:

Though your endorsement of the D088 intercoolers (including the pipe work and mounts too by the looks of it?) have no doubt just cost me a few £k by going on my next upgrade list :damn: :grin:

996ttalot said:
911tom said:
Mezgerite said:

I don't have experience of the Wagner ones but on the one run imi did before his excursion despite queuing we only saw 55c at 215 which is incredible.

Yea 55C is very good, we will see later on Tom's as i need more data, but on other platforms like the RS4 they smash the competition. I feel your pain regarding the supply issue too...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back