Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WOW this place is dead !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MisterCorn said:
The return of Marty Wild said:
MC, what are the Cayman/Boxster brigade up to? :lol:

Probably out driving their cars, revelling in the superior chassis layout whilst staying off here so that they aren't reading about how they don't have a 'real Porsche' and they should have bought a 911. Finely honed to overcome 60 years of stubbornly putting the engine in a stupid place. Anyway, who cares what they are doing, this is 911UK, not boxa.net :lol:

MC

I was only joking, chaps. All good pork appreciated. :oops:

The OP is hardly likely to inject much adrenalin into proceedings.

MisterCorn said:
The 993 and 964 owners are taking the one opportunity a year to drive the car without getting their sandals wet.
Technically speaking, I think it's water ingress to the socks they wear underneath them that is the greater problem.

911_AS said:
Dead? Hardly! As the saying goes, Quality, not Quantity.
Plenty of other alternatives out there if you need to kill time.

:eek: grinder :grin: :grin: :grin:

I've always said MC is a great reader of men :floor:

Don't worry, Pierre, I'm part of the Cayman brigade and proud.

Here, have a pic a mate sent me of his 991 on Sunday, being used properly out in the Chilterns.

Attachments

• turbo_s_114.jpg
    turbo_s_114.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 5,001
911_AS said:
Dead? Hardly! As the saying goes, Quality, not Quantity.
Without trying to be antagonistic, I felt that the social scene in the North West was lacking and got annoyed to that end. Rather than accepting it, I threw out an open invitation to meet up at the start of the year. We've managed to cobble together a nice meet up point once a month with a bunch of guys that hadn't really met before getting together and discussing all things life/cars/whatever. This wasn't a regular 911uk thing from what I can tell, but it is now.
So rather than standing on the outside and questioning how quiet it is, perhaps you're asking the wrong question?

very good Point Frank, there was very little happening South central until a few of us did something about it , now there are regular meets with 35/40 cars attending . andthere are often 991s attending :thumb: :thumb:

997 Coast said:
ScottBacon said:
More activity in a morgue !!

Get a life mon brav

:bandit:

:floor: :floor: :floor: nice and subtle coast :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
very good Point Frank, there was very little happening South central until a few of us did something about it , now there are regular meets with 35/40 cars attending . andthere are often 991s attending :thumb: :thumb:
Well you southerners (actually I'm pretty sure I'm the most southerner person here bar 1 guy, Systech1 who's from Adelaide) were the driving force behind the idea. It's proven to be great move as it's given us all an opportunity to meet people we'd otherwise never meet. :thumb:

One does ones best 8) having my advisories sorted next month - clutch, tandem pump, rear discs etc :bandit:

Where has Scotty gone :dont know:

Been beamed up :floor:

alienabduct.gif

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
Well you southerners (actually I'm pretty sure I'm the most southerner person here bar 1 guy, Systech1 who's from Adelaide) were the driving force behind the idea. It's proven to be great move as it's given us all an opportunity to meet people we'd otherwise never meet. :thumb:

its funny Frank we met forum member Sonic at Spa ready for the Dinslaken trip and he lives in Germany but is actually from down under as well , So theres a few of you on here now , closest I came was eating Kangaroo steak in the padoda buffet at Dinslaken :grin: :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back