Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After 18 months the PFF Xpel film is still looking good

alpinaB3

Trainee
Just had my 911.2 4S treated with Feynlab PPF film coating (on top of the Xpel Ultimate film). I previously had the PFF film installed over 18 months ago however still looking good. The finish is so glossy I would even say its as shiny or even more shinier than not having the film.

41062423315_4b46dcdcf3_b.jpg

Nick had recently detailed a few 911's So you are looking for a Xpel approved installer in the south Yorkshire area than I would recommend CleanDetail.

P.S. I have no financial interest in whether any members use CleanDetail, I just wanted to pass onto members my own experience.

wow looks stunning,,,,after the Dinslaken trip and my forth coming 2 week tour of italy,,,,,,i am goign to require a front end spray and PPF,,,,Might give theses guys a call

UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS of a fantastic guy around the west London area

FRP said:
wow looks stunning,,,,after the Dinslaken trip and my forth coming 2 week tour of italy,,,,,,i am goign to require a front end spray and PPF,,,,Might give theses guys a call

UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS of a fantastic guy around the west London area

http://topazdetailing.com for PPF.

Thanks pzero,,,,noted

I've just had mine done by Max Protect. They are just around the corner from JZM. They have done a fantastic job :)

Thanks Tom, , , one to look up to

911tom said:
I've just had mine done by Max Protect. They are just around the corner from JZM. They have done a fantastic job :)

I know this a little old now but been looking at PPF for my wife's new Boxster S. after a lot of research and a personal recommendation have it booked in at Max Protect, going for front PU, wings, bonnet, mirrors, sills and around inlet/vent and a little around leading edge of rear wheel arch and window frame. Is it worth getting the door handle area that gets the scratches from finger nails?
The front PU and bonnet have a couple of minor chips and they have stated that they attend to these with a paint correction before the PPF application. The non PPF parts, ie doors, boot, rear bumper will be ceramic coated. Is it worth having the wheels ceramic coated? They covered 17k miles so although very good condition there a few minor marks. Or should I leave them and wait till,they need a refurbish? (That could be a while tho as my wife only does about 3.5k miles a year.
Your thoughts suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :bye:

abcarrera said:
Is it worth having the wheels ceramic coated? They covered 17k miles so although very good condition there a few minor marks. Or should I leave them and wait till,they need a refurbish? (That could be a while tho as my wife only does about 3.5k miles a year.

It's not expensive to have the wheels done (or quite easy to do them yourself) so I would have them done even if they aren't perfect as it makes cleaning so much easier. Then do them again whenever the wheels are refurbed.

madge said:
abcarrera said:
Is it worth having the wheels ceramic coated? They covered 17k miles so although very good condition there a few minor marks. Or should I leave them and wait till,they need a refurbish? (That could be a while tho as my wife only does about 3.5k miles a year.

It's not expensive to have the wheels done (or quite easy to do them yourself) so I would have them done even if they aren't perfect as it makes cleaning so much easier. Then do them again whenever the wheels are refurbed.

Thanks for the advice. Will have them and the Calipers done at the same time then. I looking forward to it being less of a chore to clean the wheels. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back