Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any Carrera white 997.1's?

Well I will keep a look out and set some alert for white cars and see what pops up for sale. I just don't think the cocoa/brown interior is for me. Don't get me wrong I like to break away from black interiors and have a red interior in my 67 Jaguar E-type that I love but I think if I get a 997 I want black or grey.

Trev

TrevS said:
Well I will keep a look out and set some alert for white cars and see what pops up for sale. I just don't think the cocoa/brown interior is for me. Don't get me wrong I like to break away from black interiors and have a red interior in my 67 Jaguar E-type that I love but I think if I get a 997 I want black or grey.

Trev

So now we all need to se photos of the E-Type. Can't believe you would have just thrown that in and left us wanting :food: :camera: :terms:

Scholester said:
TrevS said:

Trev

So now we all need to se photos of the E-Type. Can't believe you would have just thrown that in and left us wanting :food: :camera: :terms:

Agreed , Trev we demand pics of the Etype :grin: :grin:

I mentioned the e-type on another thread when the Op threw it into conversation and I couldn't believe no one else picked up on it.

Pics pics :thumb: i do love a classic

Ha, sorry everyone. Here you go, this is my car, she is a 67 series 1 e-type FHC. Been my pride and joy for the last 3 years. Having to sell her this summer though as need the money for a building project and it's going to be a really difficult thing letting the car go. So a 997 might be stepping in as it's replacement.

etype-web3.jpg

etype-web5.jpg

etype-web1.jpg

FZP said:
Cocoa is a deep chocolate colour which at first glance can appear black in average British daylight. It's s a deep and rich colour. Carrera GT and 911R both sported it as the marketing colour.

Yup, agreed.

Here's what my interior looks like...

Attachments

• f5b19f4d_7cf5_4187_9c60_31f969b9bcfe_258.jpeg
    f5b19f4d_7cf5_4187_9c60_31f969b9bcfe_258.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,034
  • 16401da0_d3ee_4f91_a2f4_a27857c80579_171.jpeg
    16401da0_d3ee_4f91_a2f4_a27857c80579_171.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 2,034
hmm, not sure about the cocoa still. I can totally see that it lifts the interior to feel warmer/richer but I've never been a fan of the interior colours on porsches that encompass the dash and steering wheel etc.

I really like duo tone interiors when using brown, red, tan etc with the steering and dash top in black. Here is a singer with duo tone and modern equivalent, bot look lovely.

porsche-singer-minnesota-04-1024x682.jpg

x5t3wm.jpg

I have a Carrara White 997.2, which came with the Sea Blue interior. I'm quite fond of it. Many people don't even realise that it isn't black.

I would have taken it in Cocoa, Peanut, or even Black (probably), but the Red, Sand or Grey would have been too much for me. I'm not sure why, but I can't stand grey interiors on any car, and while red might be OK on the right car, red interiors don't seem to work in my eyes on BMWs and Porsches, despite the fact that the Emiratis all love them in red. I'm not keen on beige either, even if it would have been ideal at the time. Beige just shouts Toyota at me.

thats just horrible , the very first thing you would do if you were doing a lookalike GT3 would make sure the base car had no sunroof, then fit the correct front and rear bumper, if basically all you can afford is the GT3 badges then just dont do the conversion . :nooo: :nooo:

I like the plain Carrara white 9972 C2 ... but the 'custom show car' is a bit crap. That bodykit doesn't quite fit properly. And why exactly does it have the badges? Nothing on it suggests it's actually a GT car at all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back