Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question dump

DerbyJim said:
1. Sports mode feels slow to respond but Sports Plus is insanely fast. I tend to have to almost kick-down in Sports mode (not Sports +) to get it going, does that sound typical?

4. Sports Plus tends to keep 1st Gear for what feels like AGES if you are going slowly! It's embarrasingly loud too crawling along in 1st gear. Presume this is just because Sports Plus is used more for when making progress.

5. I can connect iPhone to PCM via Bluetooth but when I plug my phone in via a charger then it stops playing music. I think the connection in the glovebox is a little temperamental and it stops charging / connecting. Will try with a different cable / phone today - but has anyone had similar experiences?

6. OPC have told me that they have installed the latest Sat Nav at my request however I can't do 7-digit postcodes, this doesn't seem right? I'll check what version I'm on (not sure how) later today but what is the latest version for 911.1 cars and can you do 7-digit postcodes?

1. My Sport mode definitely is not slow to respond, all depends on your definition of Slow I guess! The SM keeps the car in gear for longer, and the throttle response is a lot sharper. Sports Plus is even quicker, so if you are experiencing lag, get it checked out via comparison.

4. Agree with BlackRam. SP+ is not to be used when pottering around town, as it does transform the car into a bit of an animal!

5. Are you using an official Apple cable? I've found that after-market / 3rd Party cables are not always good for playback or charging. The music should still play via AUX BT, if plugged in. However, it does beg the question, if you are playing audio via BT, why are you plugging the phone in? Is it purely to charge? If so, can you use the socket in the centre console arm rest instead?

6. The 7-digit post code should work, if OPC have upgraded the Maps to the latest software. I recently had this done on a 2012 car, and it works fine now. (Was only 5-digit before). Again, as above, check with your dealer.

Enjoy the car, you'll soon get used to that PDK transmission and the instant gear changes!

AS

Thanks for those answers AS, appreciated.

1. Will get it checked. Kickdown and it's like a rocket in a Sports mode!

5. Non-Apple charger. The missus drove it for the first time today, taking it bck home (without the bloody tracker too :wack: ) so I'll see if she's had any problems as her phone is less temperamental than mine.

6. So if I put in say DE1 X then I should get the choice to put in the other letters, correct? It just offers me a chance to scroll through oodles of postcodes rather than letting me put the next letter in.

In other news, the cup holder is working! Woo hoo! I gave it an extra hard push and it sorted itself out!

No worries, Jim.

Sports Mode is fab, compliments the PDK very well.

Replacing that non-Apple cable should do the trick. I had the exact same issue, and now leave an Apple cable permanently in the car. When hard-wired, Spotify and Apple Music work better via the controller on the SW column, too.

Re: Post Code, Yes. When you enter the first 4 digits, the PCM should allow you to enter the remaining 3. If you are only getting 5-digit options, the Maps upgrade has not been completed.

The Cup Holder working is always a neat feature, even if it's a rarely used one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back