Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 PCM

DerbyJim

Just collected my new to me 991.1 GTS in Carmine Red. Flippin' eck it's LOUD!

One quick question for now, how do I play my music from my iPhone? I thought I could just plug in my phone via a cable to the glovebox and press play but no joy.

You could tell me to RTFM but I'm having too much fun driving it at the moment! :grin:

Photos to follow soon!

Yes. Press "media" button. It will scroll through devices..worth copying content to the internal drive in the pcm as well.

also worth downloading the Porsche Good to know app.

G2 said:
Yes. Press "media" button. It will scroll through devices..worth copying content to the internal drive in the pcm as well.

didn't realise you can copy onto the internal drive, how do you do that?

Thanks

G2 said:

Ooo, never knew about the Porsche Good to know app :thumb:

And I noticed that I've got a Jukebox on my PCM, woo hoo! Going to copy some music over tomorrow.

Any other gems you care to share that you think aren't too obvious?

G2 said:

Ooo, never knew about the Porsche Good to know app :thumb:

And I noticed that I've got a Jukebox on my PCM, woo hoo! Going to copy some music over tomorrow.

Any other gems you care to share that you think aren't too obvious?

If pressing 'media" does not find the iPod, press 'source" instead then select iPod from the list.

If can take a while copying files. And the ignition needs to stay on, so best to copy over during a drive :thumb:

Note that the pcm shuts down after a while if the ignition is not on (and started I think).

G2 said:
If pressing 'media" does not find the iPod, press 'source" instead then select iPod from the list.

If can take a while copying files. And the ignition needs to stay on, so best to copy over during a drive :thumb:

Note that the pcm shuts down after a while if the ignition is not on (and started I think).

Thank you G2, I don't have juke box on my ppm is that because I have an earlier model or do I need to update.. ?

G2 said:

Thank you G2, I don't have juke box on my pcm is that because I have an earlier model or do I need to update.. ?

cambsguy said:
Thank you G2, I don't have juke box on my pcm is that because I have an earlier model or do I need to update.. ?

Jukebox Looks to have been added from early 2013 but the exact date is unclear. There does not appear to be an option code for it, so must have been standard when introduced.

It will be the usual porsche releasing PCM update after a new car release date...happens a lot. Not a major issue as the usb interface etc will be in your car.

I'm not sure if JukeBox was standard, or an optional extra. Pretty sure my car doesn't have the option, nor does it have DAB. G2 might be able to confirm this?

Re: the iPhone, you can also playback music via Bluetooth. Just Pair up the devices and select AUX BT from Source.

Note - if you play back via Spotify, you cannot change tracks using the steering wheel column stalk, you have to use the physical button underneath the PCM screen. I 'think' the same goes for if you play back via the native Music app within iPhone, but i cannot be 100% as I always use Spotify.

Physical cable hardwired into the USB port still allows the phone function to pair via Bluetooth, and allows control from stalk.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back