Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 C4 Cutting out.

Thanks again, on it tomorrow between other things. I do actually have an scope!

incase you missed my post .. have you checked the immobiliser ?

I had a problem on my car . Used to happen on fresh mornings. Car started fine and drove fine for about 5 mins , then would cut out. Nothing would crank. After a while would start again.

Turned out the imboliser had age related damage to a solder on the circuit board. On a cold day As the interior cabin warmed up something in the immobiliser body / circuitry expanded slightly and broke the circuit.

Change the imobiliser and all OK. Not saying this is it, but might be worth double checking

hot66 said:
incase you missed my post .. have you checked the immobiliser ?

I had a problem on my car . Used to happen on fresh mornings. Car started fine and drove fine for about 5 mins , then would cut out. Nothing would crank. After a while would start again.

Turned out the imboliser had age related damage to a solder on the circuit board. On a cold day As the interior cabin warmed up something in the immobiliser body / circuitry expanded slightly and broke the circuit.

Change the imobiliser and all OK. Not saying this is it, but might be worth double checking

Thank you, I did mean to reply. It was my intention to find the alarm unit today, but other things got in the way. I'll be back on it over the weekend and it'll be the first thing I do :thumb:

Ocean996C4 said:
Thanks again, on it tomorrow between other things. I do actually have an scope!

Excellent , i never expected you to have a scope so didnt mention it .. hell even i dont have one .. i just use the workshop one .

Ok .. pin 5 car in start position ( cold ) then scope it .. probably best on cranking .. if you do it on running you wont have long , 5 mins and you will probably have to mess about with the time setting to get a good pattern .

You should see a square wave pattern ..as per image.

Scope the cps .. green plug from memory and it should be on pin 1 but you might have to try pin 2 as the diagram isnt that clear .

Once you have seen the signals with the engine running then just repeat when it will no longer run.

This will tell us if its the Cps or DME not sending out the signal.

Tha factory alarm knocks out the dme relay but an after market Imobiliser will knock out any system its wired to so a good point and worth looking at .

Heat related would be unusual but its certainly something to consider .

Attachments

• rss_waveform_550.png
    rss_waveform_550.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 11,097
  • cps_with_reference_mark_924.png
    cps_with_reference_mark_924.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 11,097
So, Ocean....was reading all this from last year. Just curious about how it all ended up. By now you must have got your car fixed. What was the problem?

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back