Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does the 997.2 Carrera S have LSD as standard?

MAZI

Trainee
Does the 997.2 Carrera S have LSD as standard?
Also how can I check the factory spec on my car?

I don't believe so.

You need to find the sticker with all the codes on it, and there's a website that can decipher them. I'm sure a forum search or google search will locate the website.

Comes as an extra generally with lowered suspension option- PASM sports chassis - 20mm" But can be specced alone (unlikely)

:yeah:

Someone will probably jump in and correct me on this, but research I've done on this topic suggests the Porsche OEM LSD is made of chocolate and most aren't doing their job anyway. The only way to tell is to put the rear of the car in the air and spin the wheels.

spongebob squarepants said:
Comes as an extra generally with lowered suspension option- PASM sports chassis - 20mm" But can be specced alone (unlikely)

Don't all S variants come with PASM and sit 20mm lower than the vanilla 911?

tom_nieto said:
spongebob squarepants said:

Don't all S variants come with PASM and sit 20mm lower than the vanilla 911?
Yes and no. All come with pasm and are 10mm lower. Sport PASM sits 20mm lower with LSD

My car has sport plus button if that means anything.
It does wag its tail with traction off

The diff is standard on the AWD models. Sport Chrono Package Plus doesn't include it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back