Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ragpickers Leggy 986 S.. first real problem: page 9

I was just thinking .. i wonder how ragpickers Boxster is doing ...

Low and behold .. a miracle !

Tell me about the salt .. i just had to have my bike front brakes freed off .. they pretty much stopped working over the winter .

Lovely pictures and update as usual :thumb:

Demort said:
You where very lucky there as thats a pretty bad component to have fail .. interesting what the cause of it is though .

The original uses a spherical joint which has no 'play' or compliance - so replacing with the non-compliant poly bush is not only dangerous (as seen, because the arm is then put into stress) but also pointless.

I know because I considered fitting some, then spoke to CG and chopped up an old knackered arm to see the design. One of those things where the original Porsche design is actually really fit for purpose and doesn't need to be improved!

The Leggy Boxster was the highlight of the recent Basel / Baden Baden / Dinslaken trip. On twisty roads or motorways it was the equal of everything else on the trip. From a Turbo S to a GT3. An absolutely cracking bit of kit.

:worship:

Certainly has me seriously reconsidering what Porsche ownership means :chin:

Great work as ever Raggy!

It's shocking how quickly the fasteners and things tarnish isn't it. :x

Mine and Craig's only see summer use, hence only get wet when washed really, yet even our fixings and things look ropey after a year or two.

At the end of the day, the only way to keep things as new, is not to use them, which is obviously ridiculous when it comes to cars. :puh:

What's your dog? A Maltese like my two?

New997buyer said:
The Leggy Boxster was the highlight of the recent Basel / Baden Baden / Dinslaken trip. On twisty roads or motorways it was the equal of everything else on the trip. From a Turbo S to a GT3. An absolutely cracking bit of kit.

:worship:

Certainly has me seriously reconsidering what Porsche ownership means :chin:

Most kind of you N997B!

It has me reflecting on what I want from the Porsche ownership too. This boxster has everything I want in a car and there is no difference between it and a car 20 times more expensive in terms of driving in real world conditions. Sure a more expensive car may be nicer around the edges, some can feel more 'modern', but I'm not precious about it and this has benefits too. If I'd brought the turbo I would have been worried where I parked it etc but with the boxster I couldn't care less. Truly superb motoring and the performance car bargain of the last 10 years.

:thumb:

I'm at work, so have decided to read the whole thread...
Loving your work!!!
how do you find the bigger wheels? mine runs 17s' i love the wheels you have but everything i have read its basically don't change them

ragpicker said:
The white dog in this thread is a Maltese/Lhasa cross :thumb:

This car is a bit rough around the edges but mechanically is perfect. When used properly it surprises a lot of people despite its high mileage chocolate engine...

Great little companions aren't they. :thumb:

True about the performance. Even the old 996s punch above their weight when driven well. Jamie had a great dice with an Audi RS7 when we done the NC500 last year. You know Jamie though, he can pedal and isn't shy. :D

Not been updated for a while, but something is occurring......

32689108437_804d34092f_k.jpg

Phew!??!

The leggy Boxster won't be terrorising us as we fly down Bealach na Ba Road (hopefully on the tarmac :eek: ) in a couple of weeks time :lol:

Great to see it get the :cloud9: and (*cough*) colour it deserves :thumbs:

What a machine it is :worship:

Why would you by a 981 GTS and #unhumblebrag about it when the smart money and minds go for a leggy Boxster? :dont know:

Can you think of any others who have gone down this route? :?:

Fine and learned gentleman they must surely be :chin:

This looks fairly serious! Can't wait to see the results.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back