Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Dammit - that looks mint. Will have to get along to a meeting at some point to see it in the flesh... :thumb:

Great effort m8 - hope you driving her.

Osh

Still not got the car back, this coming week hopefully - else I'll miss Simply Porsche (or be there in the AMG).

Someone posted this picture in the Facebook 996 group:

40595018850_95ff6b1990_b.jpg

And you can see that this OEM car has a different shade of orange for the headlamp indicators and the side-repeaters, so rather than correct my own mistake I'm correcting Porsche. Whoops!

My car:

39883275104_63fa798f18_b.jpg

I thought that update would have been it's home coming post Neil. :wink:

Let's hope it's back soon then. I'm literally just starting my rebuild today after getting the car back about a month ago. It's gonna take a good month or so of odd days here and there.

Well, I had an (unexpected) invoice from a person I didn't know today - some investigation showed that he was the chap who'd fitted my reversing sensors, and been given my email address to send an invoice too - so I've paid him.

That's the last task, insofar as I am aware.

With that said I'm not ruling out the possibility of you having a complete car before me Mark.

Not having your car for five months is a good way of keeping the miles off it, I have discovered.

Well at least things are still happening behind the scenes eh, it'll be worth it I'm sure.

Mine is weeks and weeks off being done. It's jacked up there now ready to fit my KWs and strip/paint calipers etc. That's a couple of weekends work alone. Still need to inject wax into sills then fit bumpers and rear wing, before taking car back to body shop for its final wet sand and polish. Then it's interior.

So there is actually a slim chance mine may not be done for this summer. I kid you not. Loads on with other things so car will be done when I have a spare hour here and there. Frustrating.

As you say it keeps the miles off and it can't blow up if it isn't running. :D

MOT tester has abandoned the MOT due to the wheel, which is unfortunate.

He said if there had been no passenger airbag he'd have passed it as 'racing spec", but as there is one there but not on the drivers side he wasn't going any further with it.

Sounds like a very harsh MOT tester. Mine passed the last 2 years with no issues from both an Indy and OPC.

Dammit said:
MOT tester has abandoned the MOT due to the wheel, which is unfortunate.

He said if there had been no passenger airbag he'd have passed it as 'racing spec", but as there is one there but not on the drivers side he wasn't going any further with it.

Take it to the Indy that fitted the wheel and ask them to do an MOT for you, it will pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back