Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone thinking about a new hood for their convertible?

shabs

Monza
I'm contemplating getting a new roof for my 997 from the car hood warehouse...but before I pull the trigger, I wondered if anyone else was considering a new hood too, in which case we may be able to start a group buy if they are amenable?

Looking at their website (carhood.com) and reviews they seem to be highly regarded and cover a huge range of Porsche models.

If anyone is interested ina hood replacement either now or later this year perhaps we can do something?

I've just bought a brand new OEM hood from the states. Well under £400 delivered. Doubt you'll get one cheaper. A couple of lads have bought them and say they're bob on.

Alex, wow, that is cheap! Did you get hit for duty or did it get through ok?

My problem would be finding someone who could fit it....I've seen the how to's and there is no way I would try that myself!!

Can you recommend someone?, I would happily travel.

Hi mate,

It hasn't arrived yet but tracking shows it's in the UK. I asked the seller about the duty and he offered to declare it at a reduced price (very reduced).

They do an even cheaper one but I've read the quality isn't as good and you only save about £40.

Here's the seller's options:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/qualitytopsandinteriors/996-1999-2001-/_i.html?_fsub=21286269

Just realised, you're after a 997 top, these are for 996. Don't think they do 997 tops but worth messaging them.

Thanks Alex, have dropped them a message...fingers crossed!

Jonny, I will give Monsoon a ring, they dont list porsche hoods but worth a go.

You can get your local indys to fit after market roofs .. ive done them in the past but to be honest .. your better off with a bespoke company like the one listed above .. im far too slow and expensive compaired to guys that do it all the time :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back