Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Online Retailer Recommendation Please :)

Swampy

Spa-Francorchamps
My 997/2 C4s is not used much so I want to do an extra oil/filter change myself next month. I want to use a genuine oil filter and Mobile 1 as its still has 13months left on the warranty so I don't want Porsche to find a excuse for not honouring it if a fault should arise. Can anyone recommend any online retailer for ordering the items please.

Many Thanks Swamps :)

Opie often the best for oil, and I find FrazerPart to be the friendliest and most customer orientated for service items.

monster said:
Opie often the best for oil, and I find FrazerPart to be the friendliest and most customer orientated for service items.

Excellent monster, many thanks....
I don't mind doing it myself and will only take an hour at most so I shall have a look and get them ordered.
On my BMW I used to buy the oil on eBay (Castrol Edge) but I always had it in the back of my mind whether it was fake oil, so deff don't want to take any chances on my 997 :eek:

The filter is on the page pasted below, but also next to the filter is a useful and inexpensive tool for removing it, Ive got one and it works well.

I am not sure they list it, but if you phone them and place your order, and mention you also need a sump plug sealing washer - they threw one in for free for me with my last purchase...

https://www.frazerpart.com/acatalog/996_New_1.Engine-p1.html

monster said:
The filter is on the page pasted below, but also next to the filter is a useful and inexpensive tool for removing it, Ive got one and it works well.

I am not sure they list it, but if you phone them and place your order, and mention you also need a sump plug sealing washer - they threw one in for free for me with my last purchase...

https://www.frazerpart.com/acatalog/996_New_1.Engine-p1.html

All ordered now many thanks monster, I already have a 36mm socket for the oil filter (same as BMW) :thumb:
I should get this done next week, weather permitting
:eek:

Thanks Again Swamps :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back