Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance on the 991

DerbyJim

Picking up my new 991 mid-week and not seen an Insurance thread on this yet.

Anyone care to share what their renewals are and where they get it from? Relevant details such as Location / Age / NCB / Mileage / Whether it includes Commuting use too would help give some context too.

Cheers in advance

Jim

Mine is now £472 has gone up from £380 last year which is annoying .

With Esure on a multicar policy.

Live in Arkley, Herts . Car is on driveway . 37 10 years NCB. 5000 miles , no commuting.

Thanks Sulz.

Keep 'em coming guys!

I've checked a few online so far but can't get near that atm. Admiral even came up with a Black Box Insurance quote! :?: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Mine's a 2015 GTS
14 years no claims... the only so far I think is hurting it is the missus had a write off - she wasn't even in the car, it was parked up! Any tips on handling that one?

And I'm looking for 8,000 Miles, can reduce that slightly.

There is information elsewhere on the forum I think which lead me to Classicline Insurance.

£540 ish for 5k miles and garaged in NI. The replacement value is guaranteed for 2 years at £70k

I had a quick look before I posted but was after 991 specific and Insurance is a ever-moving beast....

FYI - so far my cheapest is Admiral at £534, details below:

Policyholder
39 years old
13-14 years NCB
Missus included circa 5-6 years NCB. She's had 1 no fault claim in last couple of years

Policy
8,000 miles
Business Class 1 use
Multi-car discount policy

Interestingly, they state "may not pay out if driver is under influence of alcohol or drugs"

Although I don't drink and drive, I'd be interested if push comes to shove they say things like antibiotics have an impact or indeed if you have 1 drink and way under the influence whether they would argue that?

My 991.1 C2S costs me £1200 with agreed value at £62.5k. I have yet to hear of anyone else paying this much so I got a quote from Lockton and they were a few quid cheaper. Whilst my wife and I are both insured not only on the 911 but on any car fully comp, for all business use, we are limited to 5k miles which is very restrictive. It would be interesting to hear what others are paying....I am 55, car is always garaged, living in Bristol.

I can't remember exactly but mine is around a grand. Garaged, business use, 5K mileage limit, tracker etc. It sounds expensive but crucially it includes original Porsche parts for repair and PCGB track day cover. I got it via Locktons and their PCGB policy.

blackram said:
My 991.1 C2S costs me £1200 with agreed value at £62.5k. I have yet to hear of anyone else paying this much so I got a quote from Lockton and they were a few quid cheaper. Whilst my wife and I are both insured not only on the 911 but on any car fully comp, for all business use, we are limited to 5k miles which is very restrictive. It would be interesting to hear what others are paying....I am 55, car is always garaged, living in Bristol.

That does sound a lot without knowing claims history etc. Insurance companies use lots of inputs and your neighbours claim history or accident black spots in your area are additional traditional influencing factors.. it's not as clear cut anymore, Even seen some including FB social media trend data to calculate area risks...: that will reduce with GDPR but they spend lots on the risk analytics.

Couple of sites with risk rating info by major postcode...

https://www.visitcars.co.uk/car-insurance/insurance-post-code-risk.html

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html

If you haven't already, try Locktons. Very good policy.

Which model have you bought Derbyjim? Hope all goes well with the collection this week!

I ended up with AIB at £550.

locktons were £1100 and never seem to get close

Thanks G2. I have no accidents and only an SP30 which dates from Dec 2013. I am with Hiscox through AIB.
As a slight aside, my son has to renew his 2008 Defender this month (he is 22 in May) with 5 years no claims. Adrian Flux last year charged him £1800 with agreed value at £19500. This year they are trying to charge him £2977!! He has had no accidents and no convictions.....he just has a year's more experience and is a year older!
Zeb, yes Lockton also quoted me £1100. Which company did AIB use to insure you? Hiscox? Chubb?

I have had a renewal quote from Direct Line for my C4S of £489. Fully comp, 2 drivers, no points, 1 no fault accident, 8000 miles a year and garaged. They have insisted on an activated tracker before they cover it for theft though

blackram said:
Thanks G2. I have no accidents and only an SP30 which dates from Dec 2013. I am with Hiscox through AIB.
As a slight aside, my son has to renew his 2008 Defender this month (he is 22 in May) with 5 years no claims. Adrian Flux last year charged him £1800 with agreed value at £19500. This year they are trying to charge him £2977!! He has had no accidents and no convictions.....he just has a year's more experience and is a year older!
Zeb, yes Lockton also quoted me £1100. Which company did AIB use to insure you? Hiscox? Chubb?

No worries . Makes sense now. The Hiscock one is not your average policy hence does not compare to most that are cheaper but different coverage. I have it for multiple cars and addresses with one/both being in storage at any time. Will be looking at them, locktons etc when renewal comes.

Feel for the boy. I remember spending hours on the phone with the yellow pages Insurance section with 50% saying no chance after a 30 min call

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back