Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

London 997 Turbo Servicing

Callughan911

Out of interest where do London owners service their 997 Turbo's, I am in the west and most options seem an hour plus away?

Under warranty, so it's OPC Brooklands. Won't go near East or West London..

If it wasn't Id likely use Porsche Torque, like quite a few others do.

I make the trip down to Nine Excellence, they are flexible and worth the effort.

I use Porschacare in Stevenage, fantastic service every time from Matt. Easy train journey to Kings Cross if you need to get back to London for work

Thanks.
I think if there was a set up that could rival OPC in Zone 1, it would work.
Hard to find a place that is the right location, knows your model, that you can wait while the job is done, you can request a specific mechanic who knows your car, that is clean and that quotes the actual time that it should take to work on your car🙂

Callughan911 said:
Thanks.
I think if there was a set up that could rival OPC in Zone 1, it would work.
Hard to find a place that is the right location, knows your model, that you can wait while the job is done, you can request a specific mechanic who knows your car, that is clean and that quotes the actual time that it should take to work on your car.

Haha we should set one up Cal and name it Carlsberg Porsche!

Try 9e. Its a trek and a half but I think they do loan car now. Good with GT/Turbo models.

Ken start looking in c London :grin:

Graemep said:
Under warranty, so it's OPC Brooklands. Won't go near East or West London..

If it wasn't Id likely use Porsche Torque, like quite a few others do.

My service is due, why do you say not to go to west London Porsche?

I would just highlight RGA Porsche in Vauxhaull. Bob has done services, paint jobs, suspension modifications on my 997 C2S. He is a perfectionist. It is certainly not a shiny place with advertisements in all Porsche magazines, but just have a look at the cars he always has in. And it has the advantage of being in Vauxhaull, so I can leave them my car at 7am and go to work. Highly recommended.

West London Porsche, overcharge and didn't fix 2 things they said they had

nice coffee, had the car 2 days when it was a 4 hours of work they said it would only be one day

robbiej said:

nice coffee, had the car 2 days when it was a 4 hours of work they said it would only be one day

Just got off the phone with them. They wanted 2k for spark plug replacment and brake fluid change on a major service.

NO THANKS! :floor:

JP_Turbo said:
robbiej said:

Just got off the phone with them. They wanted 2k for spark plug replacment and brake fluid change on a major service.

At least you were able to speak to someone:)

Callughan911 said:
JP_Turbo said:
robbiej said:

At least you were able to speak to someone:)

The phone did ring for over 5 minutes with no one answering and it was my second attempt!

Hatfield came up with a much better price.

Callughan911 said:
Out of interest where do London owners service their 997 Turbo's, I am in the west and most options seem an hour plus away?

http://porchetech.co.uk

I've used these guys in the past. The workshop is excellent, and they had a lovely Gen 1 997 Turbo onsite whilst I was there. Definitely worth a call, and only in Hampstead, less than 5 miles from Zone 1.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back