Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk at Dinslaken 2018. Stories & Pics.

MJA911

Basel, Baden-Baden group on schedule, first stop lovely hotel near Gosnay in northern France, ready for early start for the drive to Basel tomorrow.

Attachments

• 8f5f1241_ae2b_435a_b4fa_46c494fb19b4_163.jpeg
    8f5f1241_ae2b_435a_b4fa_46c494fb19b4_163.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6,798
Living the dream! :dont know:

Made it as far as the Port Solent Premier Inn. For those that are meeting at OPC Portsmouth, I'll see you in the morning. :thumb:

Paul

Attachments

• 34aea642_fe78_410d_9a43_97f7443fce7b_341.jpeg
    34aea642_fe78_410d_9a43_97f7443fce7b_341.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6,659
6:30 am breakfast and 7:00 am departure from Gosnay....

.....let us get to Reims before 9 am.....

.....and so allow us the joy of dashing across France, on dual carriage way and flowing old Roman Roads, in order to traverse the legendary D430.

And be in Basel for an early evening beer and meal in a traditional Swiss restaraunt.

And that was just the warm up before the main Black Forest run tomorrow.

See y'all at Oberhausen :thumbs:

Good evening and greetings from Basel

Safe journey chaps!

Osh

New997buyer said:
.....and so allow us the joy of dashing across France, on dual carriage way and flowing old Roman Roads, in order to traverse the legendary D430.
That is an amazing area for great driving. I think one of my all time favourite stretches of tarmac is the climb from Cernay on the D431 up to the D430 :thumbs:

Really can't wait to be back there in a couple of weeks when we've got 2 nights in the area on our way from the Historic Monaco GP to the Spa Classic :Dance-Tap:

Another great day hoooooning around some superb tarmac in the Black Forest...

Osh

Dinslaken 2018 - safely home...

Just rolled in from driving back from Dinslaken.

41788937142_c551365ce3_k.jpg
[/url]180501a by Mike O, on Flickr[/img]

Car's a bit dirty - yours truly has just had a nice hot shower and ready for some grub. Then get the old girl washed off ready for work tomorrow... :thumb:

Had a superb few days hooning round France and Germany with the S.H.i.T.S. crew - just bloody marvelous.

Osh

One of the highlites for me was the visit to Kaege; seeing what they do to a donor 993 and stripping out over 300kgs of weight to produce some absolutely stunning cars:

27962769398_c9f5f6b170_k.jpg
[/url]180501b by Mike O, on Flickr[/img]

All of the panels on this car (except the doors) are carbon fiber; the quality of the paint was excellent and the attention to detail was immense.

Need a 993 in my life.... :eek:

Osh

...this also impressed me, earlier, at the show from AP Autmotive...

40024399670_0a7f1503e5_k.jpg
[/url]180501c by Mike O, on Flickr[/img]

defo want a 993. :thumb:

Osh

I take it you all had a great time Osh? Well peeved I couldn't go......maybe one day.

I'm itching for a decent drive in mine and currently on the verge of clicking a eurotunnel crossing for July with my mate and son.

alex yates said:
I'm itching for a decent drive in mine and currently on the verge of clicking a eurotunnel crossing for July with my mate and son.

Alex, the north west TIPEC group are going to Germany in July.Do you not fancy that?

I'll keep the Germany trip in mind though.

Cracking trip Osh :thumb:

And your car was outstanding. And sounds gorgeous :grin:

Our first stop worthy of a picture was at Cochem (329 miles from Calais) and well justified the 60 extra miles it added onto our journey to Nurburg - not least because those extra miles were 'cross-country' and great fun.

If you thought that todorfm had pulled up and parked a bit close to my back end ............. you'd be right. :eek:

After his initial "I knew the length of my car" declaration he later admitted that he hadn't fully taken into account the amount that a 997 number plate plinth actually extends beyond the PU. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back