Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How do I restore/code modules back via PIWIS2. HELP !!!

kurlykris said:
You may laugh, but that`s how I can afford a few Porsches and a Mercedes Daily :grin:

Edit : Everything is fixable................if you know how :D

:thumbs:

Can you tell me how you sorted this?

I did the same with a friends car.

Coding the gateway and press automatic and now except starting the engine nothing works.

The fans run on full speed.

I also have piwis 2.

It would be great if you can help, as he couldnt drive with his car.

I would love to get one of the PIWIS2 setups, I'm surprised that only Durametric is the only aftermarket program available for P cars & it's not cheap for the pro version when you compare it to something like vagcom.
Does anyone know if this cable would work with the Durametric pro software, it says it can access all systems of the car
:?:
When I click on the installation instructions it shows the Durametric procedure.
http://www.uobdii.com/wholesale/new-porsche-piwis-cable-3597.html
Might be worth a try, when it's back in stock for £15

No it won't work. You don't need the Pro Durametric for your own car, there is a cheaper single license version.

Mezgerite said:
No it won't work. You don't need the Pro Durametric for your own car, there is a cheaper single license version.
Thanks, as I understand it you can't do any coding with the single licence version and with the pro you can, is that correct?

Coding

Just had same happen to mine someone tried to code radio in for me using PIWIS on my 987 now clocks don't wok suspension is stuck on hard fans are on spoiler is stuck up! Car drives and lights etc work please help!!

I answered your pm but also putting my reply in here in case i need pictures etc ... also for others to read and chip in they want .

That does sound like coding issues and probably no communication with the front end and rear end control units .. possibly the dme as well ..

987 and you code the individual control units ( each has their own coding ).

987 gen 2 and it's more complicated .. there is a central file with all the coding in it .. you then select the control units and hit auto coding .

First off what year is your car ?

What tester was used and was it just the radio coding he was altering ?

Atm the first thing to check would be the gateway coding regardless of the age of car .. it has to have things like dme , front , rear coded as installed .

Any Indy should be able to recode this for you so don't panic as its fixable .

i don't suppose you are anywhere near Sussex / Brighton in the UK are you ?

Btw im only online from 7-9pm hence the late reply .. at work otherwise with no internet .. also im paid to fix cars at work lol .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back