Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Countdown to Dinslaken 2018

Damm, i wanted to take EAU ROUGE flat!!! or at least 100mph

I wont fall back that is for sure !!! LOL

T8 said:
911UK said:
Is anyone going to be at the Nurburgring on the Monday ?

T8
askgeez
tordofm
JohnnyDangerous
budflicker

will all be there on the Monday morning.

Why :?:

I will see you there at the Nurburgring on Monday, should get there by Sunday Evening.

:thumb:

Unfortunately I'm heading back to the UK on that Monday evening and wont make Dinslaken. :pc:

Porkee said:
Bring Reece's sister's passport=check

Tell him to get out at the tunnel=check

Tell his mum to pick him up=check

Wait for tear's then pull his out =check

Tissues= check

PMSL=check

:floor: :floor: :floor:

be ready to PMSL at the tunnel, check :grin: :thumb:

FRP said:
Damm, i wanted to take EAU ROUGE flat!!! or at least 100mph

I wont fall back that is for sure !!! LOL

:grin: :grin: sure you wont mate :floor: :floor: and if your not going to do it dont do it on the last lap :grin: maybe slip the pace car driver a few quid to set the pace at 100mph :floor: :floor:

T8 said:
FRP said:
HELMUT - Do we need this for the Spa tour? No jokes Phil!

No helmets are required for Spa tour laps.

ps. Expectation management ..... You won't be going very fast at Spa. The pace car leading you will do 70 mph maximum and if you drop back to squirt it they'll cut the session short.

.... And to add ... Every metre of the track is covered by about 100 cameras feeding big screens in race control....

https://i.imgur.com/2OXxZi5.jpg

Big brother is watching , you can't take any liberties .

Just sit back and take in the atmosphere of driving through la source etc :thumbs:

https://i.imgur.com/HwAsyLD.jpg

T8 said:
ELA said:

T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)

Gents regarding the above ELA, Budflicker and Diverzeusy now have some assemblance of a plan. On Monday we will be doing a little Moselle tour, stop for early lunch then on to Classic Remise before getting to Oberhausen.

Question is do you want us to stop by the NBR enroute after the lunch to collect you (T8/Matt, Guy/Baz & Tordofm) or would you prefer to also join us? The other option is to meet up at Classic Remise? I'm easy with any of the 3 options

Meeting you somewhere and travelling to The Remise together would be great.

We'll be finished at The Ring by 12.30 so could meet you at your lunch stop (during or after your meal probably) or somewhere else. :dont know:

Hi Terry, then we will be at the Kloster Machen:

An der Zeltinger Brücke, 54470 Bernkastel-Wehlen
http://www.brauhaus-kloster-machern.de/

If you meet us here at around 13:15, then we will be ready to go together in convey up to Classic Remise

ELA said:
Hi Terry, then we will be at the Kloster Machen:

An der Zeltinger Brücke, 54470 Bernkastel-Wehlen
http://www.brauhaus-kloster-machern.de/

If you meet us here at around 13:15, then we will be ready to go together in convey up to Classic Remise

Thanks Richard but after a morning at The Ring the prospect of driving 40 miles south to then drive 160+ north AND visit The Classic Remise is too much for an old geezer like me. :eek:ld:

I can't speak for the 2 much younger chaps though. :dont know:

I'm happy to meet you later on, somewhere nearer to Nurburg. If not I'll see you at Dusseldorf.

Afternoon all, it's so close I can taste it.

Just one question though as we will be driving through France is it a must I guess it is because it states it's a requirement by law that we invest in Reflective Jackets / Warning Triangle / Headlamp beam deflectors and so on.

I am sure I have a shell tracksuit from the 80's buried someone and would that be enough to satisfy the reflective jacket requirement.

Ptabi said:
I am sure I have a shell tracksuit from the 80's buried someone and would that be enough to satisfy the reflective jacket requirement.

Sorry Paul but the jackets have to be to the European standard and must be kept inside the car. You need one for each occupant and have to wear it as soon as you get out of the car on the motorway.

Reflective triangle is a must have but you should have one in your frunk already.

I wouldn't bother with light deflectors.

T8 said:
I wouldn't bother with light deflectors.

You don't need beam deflectors on the newer 911's since you can change the 997 headlights' beam pattern on the car for driving on the other side. (I believe the 991 can be done via PCM but I may be wrong on that).

Paul, its highly unlikely we will be driving in the dark so I really wouldnt bother with the light deflectors :thumb:

All ready washed, stickers applied, fuelled up :thumb: :thumb: :grin:

I have the stickers for the rest of the Spa group and will let you have them when we meet up. :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2688_255.jpg
    img_2688_255.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4,260
  • img_2689_151.jpg
    img_2689_151.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 4,260
  • img_2690_116.jpg
    img_2690_116.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 4,260
I want a sticker :sad:

Nothing like leaving it to the last minute! Screwed my car back together this morning in the pouring rain (a few bits left over that I'm sure are surplus to requirements :eek: ) a very quick wash and loaded the car up! On my way, via Bruges :)

DucatiRob said:
I want a sticker :sad:

Don't be sad Rob I've got stickers (2 x event stickers and 1 x tax disc) for everybody else. :thumbs:

See you in Oberhausen. :bye:

Looks like you're all having a fab' time (seen the FB posts), stay safe.

Just a word of warning when you're heading back towards the Calais area, the Gendarmes are really hot at the moment on the motorway as you come out of Belgium into France heading to the port/tunnel. The motorway changes speed limits from 130 - 90 - 80 - 130 and plod sit there waiting for the Brits heading home. I got caught last year and have seen them on all three occasions I've used the route this year.

Fine was €100 IIRC or they'll offer to take your car away! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back