Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

can i get a 996c2 in my garage?

steve1976

Hi all,
I am new to 911uk.
According to man maths I will be in the market for a 996c2 or more specifically a 996csr from rpm technik in around 12 months. However, I have a single garage that is only 2300mm wide inside. The car will fit but..... will I be able to get in and out? I am pretty slim and again, according to man maths if I park closer to one side of the garage, put some protective foam on the wall and have the window down I should be able to get in and out.
Is there anyone out there who can confirm this to be fact or fantasy?

Cheers
Steve

If it helps I get out of with a 400mm gap between car body and wall and I'm not that agile. Sometimes I put the seat back. I have carpet on the wall i open the door into.

I think standard 996 is 1770 wide (1830 with mirrors).

Mine is 2570mm at the narrow point where (sods law) I need to open the door. I have a 30mm thick piece of polystyrene there and it's a pretty tight squeeze getting myself in and out. I could probably gain another 50mm parking closer to the wall on the other side, but it would be squeaky bum time every time I backed the car out.

So my guess is no, 2300mm is just too tight for comfort.

I'm sure you've considered it, but the constraint on my garage is the door opening. I've already replaced the up and over door with a roller to lose the wooden frame and gain a couple of extra inches both sides but it's still relatively tight with the mirrors folded out and I'm too chicken to reverse out with them folded in!

Bulldoze it and build it twice as wide as what you have now. My garage is 6.2m wide and I still could use another 1.5m for both driver and passenger to both get out comfortable with both cars in.

Yes you can, I used to keep a wider 350z in a similar garage.

Drive in "diagonally" so the nose is tucked up near the wall, but the rear is still in the middle for getting out.

I hung a towel from the wall in the place where I needed to be closest. When I saw the nose touch the towel I stopped.

Also a piece of carpet on the wall so you can open the door onto it.

You could always push it in nose first and then use a decent trolley jack under the back to tow it out. Or park it on the drive.

My garage is only a single and the C4S went in fine but the hips were a little snug going through the actual door....Getting in and out is a bit of a wriggle but wouldn't bother me being a occasional weekend car....If I was getting in and out everyday that would be a different story and would become annoying very quickly!

Fitting a roller door in place of an "up and over" should give you more room on the way in, as they mount to the rear/inside of the brick face, rather than involving a wooden frame inside the aperture

....still on my to-do list 3+ years after moving in to my current house....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back