Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Word of warning... 'Modern Classic Car Co' ROGUE TRADER

Do not touch anything from this person. I have an interest that goes back about 4 years, and the company name has changed about once a year. Things look good until you receive the goods and find that porkies have been told and there is NO comeback. He is a professional, and a normal person has very little chance against the scale of planned deception. I took judgment and tried to enforce but the Scottish sheriffs failed to find any assets to seize.

I'm amazed that this guy hasn't been brought to account yet and is still free to run a scam under whatever company name. Surely there's enough evidence against Boag for the courts/trading standards to ban him from holding any company directorship?

I was lucky not to get my fingers burnt - I smelt a rat on the strength of a very critical PPI on what he claimed was an immaculate 911 Carrera 3.2. When I told him I was pulling out he became very abusive.

Remember - most people only buy a car every few years, he does this every day. Do NOT buy unless you get a full, INDEPENDENT inspection. I thought that the law was on my side because he is a dealer, but when someone lies about everything, dodgy MOT, hides his assets, etc.....

when you see a car you are genuinely interested in, either privately or dealer,

send an email stating that you are initially very keen subject to them answering the relevant questions, ask for email of service history, log book, receipts and previous owner,

if they miss some answers off, or try to move you in another direction, or fail to reply, you know its *****.

i just found a car i initially liked, i rang them and one of the questions i asked was, 'is it a Scottish origin car' no they said, its from surrey, ok, send me the service history, they did, it was clearly a Scottish car for its first 5 years, its last location was indeed surrey, so end of that enquiry,

struggling to find any real truth out there i am afraid.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Absolute crook. If I were a religious man, I'd be praying for a plague on him and his family (well, maybe not his family)

Does NOT follow promises thru and his word/terms mean nothing.

Currently still trying to get trading standards to deal with him and working out the cost of court action.

I wonder if enough people club together we could get this guy bankrupted, which then ruins his life as he's not limited co so all down to him.

I think someone should send him a link to this thread them maybe he would clean his act up :?:

Attachments

• 2018_04_24_12_31_44_238.jpg
    2018_04_24_12_31_44_238.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5,606
Kryton said:
I think someone should send him a link to this thread them maybe he would clean his act up :?:

I'm sure he has already seen this thread. He posts in the 911uk forums under the user name 'WestCoastClassic'

Kryton said:
Lithgae said:
Kryton said:

I'm sure he has already seen this thread. He posts in the 911uk forums under the user name 'WestCoastClassic'
Oh ok

Well he shouldn't be, another one of his clone accounts :gunfire:

Add to this "ROGUE TRADER ALERT"

a business called "westcoastclassic"

with the following email
[email protected]

and the below phone number

A garage based just west of Stirling

STEPHEN
01360 850198

Hey Bradders911,

I feel your pain.

I am not 100% on Scotish law, however, from my reading on PH it seems clear that this guy feeds on distance selling misrepresented shoite.

The problem you have is that he is a career criminal. He knows the ropes and has probably navigated every legal process available.

Therefore, you need to fight a battle that can easily be won and won't cost a fortune.

You have a couple of options....

You can go "all out" and take him to court for the full amount. (This could get expensive.)

or

If the car would be acceptable with all defects sorted and restored to the "as advertised condition". You could take him to the small claims court (much easier and cheaper). IIRC you can claim up to 10K?

Get a quote from a reputable garage to repair all the defects i.e OPC. Send it to him and give him the opportunity to repair. If he chooses to repair at his garage then agree subject to an independent inspection i.e OPC. (I doubt he will agree).

If he doesn't agree, take him to the small claims court.

Also....

Did you take any finance on the car and/or pay for any of it on a credit card?

If you did, contact the finance/cc Company and let them take it up.

Whatever you do, don't hesitate and push hard.

Good luck with it!

This guy is bad. He has sold under several different names over the last 5 years - these are the ones I am aware of - BUCHANAN MOTOR COMPANY LTD Company number SC360692 - THE THROTTLE SHOP LTD - Company number SC440722 - CLEARDAZE LIMITED - Company number SC499102 - http://www.themodernclassiccarco.com/ - now through "Performance and Historic Classics".

Not keen on his own reputation, or developing repeat business, is he?

He sold me a totally rotten car with a dodgy MOT (which I reported) and I took judgement against him but the Sheriffs have been unable to collect because he owns no traceable assets and hides his stock. Loads of complaints, check the internet. Apparently he is not registered as a dealer so Trading Standards can't help.

I found a good website for reporting vehicle fraud - http://www.vstag.co.uk/reporting/.
Looked at the Action Fraud website but didn't know where to post, that seems more cyber-crime focused!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good candidate for TV's "Rogue traders" :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back