Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 trade in price

T8 said:
It looks like a lovely car but I fear you might be shocked at what a dealer offers you. If so, you might as well keep it and enjoy using it.

I'm glad you said it Terry! I was tempted to just reply saying "its worth less than you think despite all the work and bits you have had done"

cheshire911 said:
T8 said:
It looks like a lovely car but I fear you might be shocked at what a dealer offers you. If so, you might as well keep it and enjoy using it.

I'm glad you said it Terry! I was tempted to just reply saying "its worth less than you think despite all the work and bits you have had done"

To be fair, I was expecting this type of response and you are both probably right. I can't see it being offered more than £16k trade in. Even though it is subjectivity worth more to the right buyer.....

I might stick it up for sale for a few months and see. It is worth a trip to RSJ just to find out though. Might pop down there Friday for a long lunch.... I am working my notice period after all. :grin:

Hi forum.

Just to put a close to this. Spoke to RSJ yesterday. They are supposed to be calling me back with an indicative trade in price.

I think the trade in price will be far less than what I would need and what I value the car at. If I wanted to move onto a 997 I would have to sell privately, which is not worth the hassle for me.

I'm also not sure there is enough of a difference between a 996.2 and a 997.1 to bother with the extra expense and hassle.

I think I am going to keep the 996 for a while longer and continue to improve it.

Thanks for the input.

Antony

I always worked on the basis if I traded a car in against the exact same car, I would have to pay approx. £4-5K, so unless you are taking large jumps up the range/value or you have someone willing to take it of your hands privately at a good price just keep it.

You can always expect a dealer to add a decent markup.
I had to sell my Vantage to a trader for 28.5k in the end, he advertised it for 34k. 16 months later and I think he still has it for sale, so I probably did the right thing not holding out for a private sale!

Thanks Fastlane.

So far I am being trolled buy an ebay dealer who keeps telling me it's only worth £13,000 and you can get a decent 997 for £16,000 :roll:

I think the price is strong, hence I am open to offers.

I've also reduced the price a bit....

I'm in no rush to sell it, and if it does sell the money will be going towards a replacement either a new M4 or a nice 997.2.

I think a lot of us would like to know where you can buy a decent (or any) 997 for 16k!

APL911 said:

IMHO suggest you go slow on the reductions, otherwise you risk sending a signal to potential buyers that you are keen for a deal.....so that may cause people to start the usual silly offers.......
I think you will get them anyway, when selling on ebay. The last car I sold on there attracted millions of texts from people, along the lines of 'give you 2k this afternoon, ok" (the car was up for £7k!)

Kingb4 said:
APL911 said:

IMHO suggest you go slow on the reductions, otherwise you risk sending a signal to potential buyers that you are keen for a deal.....so that may cause people to start the usual silly offers.......
I think you will get them anyway, when selling on ebay. The last car I sold on there attracted millions of texts from people, along the lines of 'give you 2k this afternoon, ok" (the car was up for £7k!)

Yes good point. :thumbs:

Good luck with the sale.

As you say top money but that will look cheap in a few years time. :wink:

Buyers will chip you down for the wheel refurb and little bits but you should get decent money for it. It's a great looking car with the all important suspension overhaul and excellent service history.

Fingers crossed you get a sensible and genuine buyer soon. :thumb:

I find ebay is full of trolls offering 50p

Autotrader or owners club forums is the place to sell.

Please don't take offence, but I don't think your pictures are doing the car justice, they are all a bit dark. The camera is colour balancing for the sun, and the lights (garage and interior door). Try not to get the light source in shot.

wasz said:
I find ebay is full of trolls offering 50p

Autotrader or owners club forums is the place to sell.

Please don't take offence, but I don't think your pictures are doing the car justice, they are all a bit dark. The camera is colour balancing for the sun, and the lights (garage and interior door). Try not to get the light source in shot.

Ha. :floor: no offence taken at all. I'm crap at photography. I might get some better ones next weekend.

I'm going to give it a week on fleabay then put it up on Autotrader I think.

I wouldn't expect too much from a dealer - a well known independent actually contacted me about my old 996.2 Carrera (with 72K miles) as they had heard I was selling it and knew how I liked to keep my cars. The bottom line was they offered me a very hard line £13.5K for the car (another dealer offered me a hard pushed £15K but only as I was interested in a 996 4'S' he had in stock - initially he wasn't even interested in my 911 as a trade in which rubbed me up the wrong way in order to try and put a deal together).

In the end I was actually approached at my local filling station as to whether I would part with my Carrera (hopefully demonstrating it's condition) and I got a much stronger figure for it selling it privately. I then went on to find a nice car than the aforementioned 4'S' and bought privately as well.

Strong money for your car (as nice as it is) but as you say you're open to offers but I would be surprised if you achieved the level you are seeking - good luck with the sale however.

APL911 said:
So far I am being trolled buy an ebay dealer who keeps telling me it's only worth £13,000 and you can get a decent 997 for £16,000 :roll:

FGP or Modern Classic Co :dont know:

:grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back