Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Countdown to Dinslaken 2018

Phil 997 said:
I had told him it was too late as I thought he had missed the deadlines and if he wanted to come he needed to book everything directly

Show tickets can only be purchased on the gate now but it's still possible to book the Spa hotel & tour :wink:

Hi

I am now on the Spa leg with the Phil "super heros" group !

I will already be in Germany on the Saturday so will meet at the hotel or somewhere en route ?

Travelling in via Spa
Phil997 & KJD (997.2 C4S)
Ptabi +1 (997.2 Turbo S)
Chaser (997.2 Turbo)
Kush (997.1 Turbo) previousy listed as Chaser's mate
M119cars
Porkee & DrJimBone (997.1.5 Turbo)
Squelch (997GTS)
hopeydaze (993C2)
Sonic (997C2S)
medmick+1
Shewie
wiggyman+1
zippy10 +1
FRP (9eXX 996 turbo)

The entrance gate to the show is the same as last year.

For those that want to key it into their SatNav.

Heinrich-Nottebaum-Strasse. D-46535 Dinslaken

I have the tickets for those of you that pre-booked through Fast-Track Tours and will distribute them at the Tryp Hotel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've got 911uk lanyards and ID badges from previous events please bring them with you. I may have a few for virgins but certainly no spares.

NB: The above is a 'nice to have' not a 'need to have' so please don't worry if you haven't got one.

Updated list of those meeting at The Tryp Hotel, Oberhausen on Monday night 30th April.

Travelling in via Spa
Phil997 & KJD (997.2 C4S)
Ptabi +1 (997.2 Turbo S)
Chaser (997.2 Turbo)
Kush (997.1 Turbo)
M119cars
Porkee & DrJimBone (997.1.5 Turbo)
Squelch (997GTS)
hopeydaze (993C2)
Sonic (997C2S)
medmick+1
Shewie
wiggyman+1
zippy10
FRP (996Turbo9exxx)

Travelling in via Basel / Baden-Baden
New997buyer (997.1 Turbo)
Ragpicker (996 Turbo)
spiderlane (997GTS)
MJA911 (997.1 GT3)
Mr Pub & Adrian (997.2 Turbo S)
Lofi (996 Turbo)
Osh (996C4S Cab)
Democratic (997.2S)

Travelling in via Traben-Trarbach/Nurburg
ELA (996CLR)
Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
JohnnyDangerous & Nursey (Nissan GTR-R35)
budflicker (996C4S)
T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)

Travelling in individually
DucatiRob (997)
easternjets (997.2Turbo)
muzotn12+1 (997C4S)

NB: The list above is based on best information available @23rd April 2018.

Please feel free to add / amend any details as necessary.

32 cars (at least 30 of them = Porsches) :thumbs:

T8 said:
ELA said:
Hi guys, of this list can yo please clarify your intentions:

ELA (996CLR)
Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
budflicker (996C4S)
T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)
FRP (996Turbo9eXX) * may be switching to the Spa group.

Hi Richard.

Me, askgeez and tordofm will be at Nurburg on Sunday evening and Monday morning. On Monday afternoon I'm going to Oberhausen via The Classic Remise in Dusseldorf but I'm not sure about the others.

The last I heard was that JD & budflicker were planning to meet up with you for lunch on the Monday.

Hi Richard

I am going to be in Nurburg on Saturday afternoon until Monday morning. At which point i was planning on driving to meet you for lunch and a drive to Oberhausen, time and route dependant maybe stopping at Classic Remisse on the way? I think JD is doing the same,though i can't say for certain.

Terry is driving the ring on Monday morning but I would have been there all Sunday already so am really open to whatever you, JD and anyone else wants to do?

See you soon
:thumb:

Gents, just a reminder as its only next weekend we leave.

Dont forget your Euro requirements for your cars hi viz ,spare bulbs, first aid kit etc. I didnt bother to change or add anything to my headlights as I didnt drive in the dark over there but its your choice if you want to sort them.

Dont forget your 911uk Lanyards if you have been to a meet where they were given out ,as Terry only has a few for those that have never recieved one.

dont forget Euro breakdown if you need or want it and check your Insurance covers you for short trips in Europe.

mmm what else, passports , money , make sure the condom in your wallet hasnt gone past the expiry date :grin:

see you all at either meet points or at the tryp :thumb: :thumb:

budflicker said:
T8 said:
ELA said:

ELA (996CLR)
Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
budflicker (996C4S)
T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)

Hi Richard.

Me, askgeez and tordofm will be at Nurburg on Sunday evening and Monday morning. On Monday afternoon I'm going to Oberhausen via The Classic Remise in Dusseldorf but I'm not sure about the others.

The last I heard was that JD & budflicker were planning to meet up with you for lunch on the Monday.

Hi Richard

I am going to be in Nurburg on Saturday afternoon until Monday morning. At which point i was planning on driving to meet you for lunch and a drive to Oberhausen, time and route dependant maybe stopping at Classic Remisse on the way? I think JD is doing the same,though i can't say for certain.

Terry is driving the ring on Monday morning but I would have been there all Sunday already so am really open to whatever you, JD and anyone else wants to do?

See you soon
:thumb:

Great stuff Budflicker :thumb:
When you arrive here Monday morning we can decide on the day which way we play it. I'll contact JD and check if he is also coming along on the Monday; I'm only about 40mins south of the NBR ;)

I have 'any vehicle' breakdown cover (as pax or driver) for Europe so if anyone from our group 'splodes then I'm happy to sit in the smouldering remains until a tow truck arrives... though beer tax will be applied.

:mechanic: :drink: :flag:

ELA said:

ELA (996CLR)
Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
budflicker (996C4S)
T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)

Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
Hi Richard, we will be traveling to Traben Sat am.
Sunday, 2 choices, scenic drive with a nice lunch stop or do the ring rather than Monday, Monday early to 'Nurburgring' a couple of laps before lunch (hopefully with Johny Dangerous, T8, Budflicker etc.)Or meet others for lunch somewhere then convoy on towards Oberhausen, calling at Classic Remise, Dusseldorf if time permits.
see you soon, and the main bit Drive wherever!!!
Paul :thumbs:

Richard

I am on the Spa leg with Phils super heros group

Apologies, could not miss the Spa tour,,,never been before,,,,well not on track anyways

See you soon

Regards. Faried

diverzeusy said:
ELA said:

ELA (996CLR)
Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
budflicker (996C4S)
T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)

Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
A scenic drive with a nice lunch stop Sunday, Monday early to 'Nurburgring' a couple of laps before lunch (hopefully with Johny Dangerous, T8, Budflicker etc. then convoy on towards Oberhausen, calling at Classic Remise, Dusseldorf if time permits.
see you soon

Hi Paul, Budflicker above has a slightly different plan to come from the NBR to me on Monday morning, then out to lunch then onwards to Oberhausen. Perhaps we could do a little drive on Sunday to include the NBR then on the Monday as previously mentioned with Budflicker and crew.

Shame you can't make it this time Faried. I'm sure you'll have a great time at Spa though ;)

ELA said:
diverzeusy said:
ELA said:

ELA (996CLR)
Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
budflicker (996C4S)
T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)

Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
A scenic drive with a nice lunch stop Sunday, Monday early to 'Nurburgring' a couple of laps before lunch (hopefully with Johny Dangerous, T8, Budflicker etc. then convoy on towards Oberhausen, calling at Classic Remise, Dusseldorf if time permits.
see you soon

Hi Paul, Budflicker above has a slightly different plan to come from the NBR to me on Monday morning, then out to lunch then onwards to Oberhausen. Perhaps we could do a little drive on Sunday to include the NBR then on the Monday as previously mentioned with Budflicker and crew.

Shame you can't make it this time Faried. I'm sure you'll have a great time at Spa though ;)
yeah that's a plan Richard
I edited my post to reflect what you sugest and thats fine with me, its a shame faried isn't coming, he would have loved the ring but spa ain't bad either

Looking forward to Dinslaken! I've never been to Germany but my Grandpa had a few flying visits back in the early 1940's and didn't think much to it. I've heard they're a bit more welcoming now though!

I thought I'd better dig out some currency – does anyone know the Deutsche Mark exchange rate at the moment? Am I buying a Singer or a schnitzel...?

Attachments

• img_7212x_185.jpg
    img_7212x_185.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,697
diverzeusy said:
ELA said:
diverzeusy said:
ELA said:

ELA (996CLR)
Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
budflicker (996C4S)
T8 & Matt (997.1 Turbo)
askgeez & Baz (997GTS)
tordofm (997.2C4S)

Diverzeusy+1 (996Turbo)
see you soon

yeah that's a plan Richard
I edited my post to reflect what you sugest and thats fine with me, its a shame faried isn't coming, he would have loved the ring but spa ain't bad either

As mentioned i will be heading to meet Richard monday morning, and will be at the ring and surrounding area on Sunday all day as im arriving in Nurburg Saturday afternoon. So maybe see you Sunday afternoon?

Unfortunately JohhnyD cant make the trip this year as his car is in bits.

squelch said:
Looking forward to Dinslaken! I've never been to Germany but my Grandpa had a few flying visits back in the early 1940's and didn't think much to it. I've heard they're a bit more welcoming now though!

I thought I'd better dig out some currency – does anyone know the Deutsche Mark exchange rate at the moment? Am I buying a Singer or a schnitzel...?

:floor: :floor: :floor: they are quite friendly, but dont tell them your name Pike .

Phil 997 said:
:floor: :floor: :floor: they are quite friendly, but dont tell them your name Pike .
Ah, your name vill also go on ze list!! :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back