Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T wheel options

HSC911

Sebring
1, 2 or 3 :dont know:

Hollows (these are darker than std):

BBS LM's:

996 18" GT3 wheels:

:thumb:

I really love LM's, although you may need some spacers at the rear or reverse mount them.

116618LN said:
I really love LM's, although you may need some spacers at the rear or reverse mount them.

Me too :thumbs:

Massive gap, if I fit them then i'd be looking at spacer options. 15mm :?

I have GT3s on my turbo and I would love a set of gold BBs to swap occasionally. #dreamon

Sarfend said:
I have GT3s on my turbo and I would love a set of gold BBs to swap occasionally. #dreamon

If I go with the LM's then they will be painted gold :D

Ride quality is going to suffer with that last set.

Love the LMs. Closest I've seen to M3 CSL rims which are :thumbs:

My preference...

1 GT3
2 Turbo twist
3 BBS LM's

:thumbs:

From the pics I prefer the TT's but as mentioned think the BBS LM's may look better with spacers.
Lastly the GT3's

Assuming from the pics that these are all 18's:

LM's are a great wheel but from experience the visual effect of 18's will make them look smaller than a single piece alloy and you will have to be prepared for the upkeep and cleaning.

Facelift GT3 Alloys look good but lack a little "wow" factor.

Turbo II's are a timeless classic on the TT IMO. They would look great painted in body colour with a silver lip to give them an updated look. See pic attached for idea of how they would look...

C.

Attachments

• gt2_110.jpg
    gt2_110.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8,285
cableguy said:
Assuming from the pics that these are all 18's

Correct, all 18's :thumbs:

hmmmm, maybe the LM's need to be 19's :?

The std wheels are my all time fave wheel so maybe just a colour change will required...now, where is that colour chart :grin:

HSC911 said:
cableguy said:
Assuming from the pics that these are all 18's

Correct, all 18's :thumbs:

hmmmm, maybe the LM's need to be 19's :?

The std wheels are my all time fave wheel so maybe just a colour change will required...now, where is that colour chart :grin:

18's for go, 19's for show... The ride will obviously suffer a little on 19's as the tyre profile will be lower and the wheel heavier.

The standard wheels painted in body colour with a fine silver lip would look awesome IMO. :thumb:

C.

This is interesting ... Personally I can't understand the love for the original wheels at all :? They are my 2nd least favourite wheel of all of Porsche's designs on a 996 (997T being the absolute worst IMHO )

FWIW, and I know I'm biased as I have the GT3 style turbo wheels on mine (with the 'spokes' in GT Silver) and 5mm spacers all round - however I think against your much darker blue, I would go for LM's in gold as mentioned above, with 5 mm spacers and probably in 19". Assuming you are not on standard, if the ride quality really does suffers too much then I'm sure the suspension settings can be adjusted to dial it out

Just my 2p

(flamesuit on! :) )

Boring I know but I like the standard twists... They really match the car nicely!

snb993 said:
Just my 2p

(flamesuit on! :) )

No need, well done for speaking your mind, even though you are wrong :floor: :judge:

911tom said:
Boring I know but I like the standard twists... They really match the car nicely!

I am thinking this too, in a lighter shade though :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back