Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Put my mind at ease! 997.2

Thankyou!!!

My 996 3.4 has always 'ticked' on top of the right hand bank.

pcbung said:
I think I'm worrying myself tbh, I've just got the car running 100% and my mind is looking for the next fault!

I think what's made the ticking sound more apparent is having the roof down! You sit at the lights in a built up area "tick tick tick tick tick"

Does the ticking come from the offside? (Drivers side UK)

Just turn the wireless up. all ticking stops then :D :floor:

Sound clip sounds perfectly normal to me .

Your exhaust flange studs have been replaced .. looks like stainless bolts and i think you had your spark plugs replaced in the last 6 monthes .

Some sort of treatment , wax oil etc on the tandem pump cover would be a good idea though .

At 3k the high lift tappets kick in .. i use that baseline as a test for a few things when diagnoseing faults .. its also a little hard to rev the car when stationary and hold it at spot on 3k rpm .

Tobyone said:
pcbung said:
I think I'm worrying myself tbh, I've just got the car running 100% and my mind is looking for the next fault!

I think what's made the ticking sound more apparent is having the roof down! You sit at the lights in a built up area "tick tick tick tick tick"

Does the ticking come from the offside? (Drivers side UK)

Just turn the wireless up. all ticking stops then :D :floor:

the wireless :floor: :floor: love it I kow the PCM3 is now a bit dated but wireless might be a bit far :floor: :floor:

deMort said:
Sound clip sounds perfectly normal to me .

Your exhaust flange studs have been replaced .. looks like stainless bolts and i think you had your spark plugs replaced in the last 6 monthes .

Some sort of treatment , wax oil etc on the tandem pump cover would be a good idea though .

At 3k the high lift tappets kick in .. i use that baseline as a test for a few things when diagnoseing faults .. its also a little hard to rev the car when stationary and hold it at spot on 3k rpm .

Yes, I've had 4 new lambda sensors, MAF, carnewal exhaust, spark plugs, coil packs. Next job is changing from 0w40 to 5w40 oil

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back