Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cost to paint front bumper

When I bought my Boxster it had cracked laquer on the front bumper, £250 to have it removed, repainted and refitted :thumb:

£1000 :dont know: I wouldn`t pay that as long as i have a hole in my @rse :judge:

I'm doing the same job just now on my 997. I removed the bumper myself which took me around 2 hours as it's something I've never done before so took my time to be careful. Once removed I took it and the new lip spoiler (aero kit) to a garage run by an ex bmw sprayer to be done for £360 all in.

It was also a good opportunity to replace my air con condensers as one was leaking and clean out all the leaves stuck in that area.

I have still to refit the bumper as I've been offshore and just got home but can't see it being an issue.

I realise it's not a 991 but it's very similar removal/ fitting.

My advice is if your capable then remove it yourself and take it to get sprayed at any reputable garage as all they need is the paint code then refit or if you don't think you could do it ask any mechanics you know to remove it for you as it's only a few hours work for them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back