Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sound deadening/proofing a 993

Great to hear - in both senses of the phrase! :floor:

Enjoy it!

Just to bring this thread back to life

After it's latest round of mechanical restoration (more on that later) my 993 has spent the week in the professional hands of Sylvester at Enigma Audio (West London) to have its vibration insulation (which sounds better and more accurately describes the work then sound proofing!) renewed, an identical job to what Tobestc has done. I also had a Becker Cascade 7944 installed connected to an Apple Lighting cable but no speaker upgrades as that was done a few years back.

All I can say is that I'm very impressed with the work by Sylvester and the team at Enigma Audio, he knows his way very well around a Porsche 993, as well as most OPC's which made all the difference to the work as well as the care and attention shown in the work done.
http://enigmaaudio.co.uk

I'll add pics later but there is a reason why Enigma audio who are a small business are in such demand. If you're thinking of getting any such work done and you can get your car to Enimga Audio, that's the choice that i can certainly recommend.

:thumb:

Thanks Tobestc for the original recommendation

Attachments

• fd2bba63_c2e6_46b5_a569_83fb330b9a2d_233.jpeg
    fd2bba63_c2e6_46b5_a569_83fb330b9a2d_233.jpeg
    589.8 KB · Views: 5,663
It's an :eek:ld: thing :wink:

Joking aside I'd be interested in similar for my own car* and looks a great improvement :thumbs:

*age and all that.... :grin:

Sylwester is a top bloke and has done several jobs on my car that I love. As well as sound deadening (which for me killed the drone from the rear bulkhead rather than insulated for noise, plus the doors now feel MUCH more solid than standard doors) he's also done:

Stereo/amp/speakers
Rear parking sensors (that's a great one - as fitted to 997)
LED vented fog/side lights
Alarm/tracker

New997buyer said:
Good find and share Tobes :thumbs:

Sylvester is worth a call,

a 20 year old 993 the vibration insulation had almost completed degraded, something I should have done 10 year earlier

so your 10 year old 911 Turbo would certainly appreciate the upgrade

Update from me: last month (before lockdown) I left my car with Sylwester for him to do sound deadening to the doors and rear bulkhead/interior arches, plus fitting speakers to replace the original (and knackered) Nokia ones.
I'm very happy with the outcome; the doors feel much more solid, the tired old "brown bread" material has gone, as has the damp-proof membrane.
On the road, there is less tyre roar, but you can still hear the engine, which for me is important - you don't want to waft in silence! Or if you do, buy an S class or something.
The speakers haven't made a massive difference, if I'm honest. I think for that you need an amp in the frunk plus an under seat subwoofer. I didn't bother with all that because I only listen to the radio in the car, if anything. I just wanted brand new units but fitted by someone who knew what they were doing - i.e. not me!
Sylwester is a lovely guy, really helpful and very professional. Enigma's unit is tucked behind the Hoover building off the A40 in London, and it's easy to get to and from because Perivale tube station is a short walk away. I'd definitely recommend Enigma (which is Sylwester, really) for your Porsche ICE needs.

Just adding my name to the list of very satisfied customers of Enigma. I went there this week based on the recommendations from this thread. He did the door sound deadening, the door speakers, and the new PCCM with carplay.

He also helped me install the Morimoto headlights that I had bought and couldnt figure out how to install (they are complete and utter ***** btw, terrible kit. Sylwester had to modify it to make it work. Definitely not plug and play).

Anyway, great service and quality from Enigma, definitely recommend.

nk993 said:
Just adding my name to the list of very satisfied customers of Enigma. I went there this week based on the recommendations from this thread. He did the door sound deadening, the door speakers, and the new PCCM with carplay.

He also helped me install the Morimoto headlights that I had bought and couldnt figure out how to install (they are complete and utter ***** btw, terrible kit. Sylwester had to modify it to make it work. Definitely not plug and play).

Anyway, great service and quality from Enigma, definitely recommend.

You must be one of the initial few in the UK to have the new PCCM (gen3?) installed :thumbs: - initial thoughts?

Regarding the Morimoto, do you know what the challenges were and what needed to be done to overcome them? Also, were your headlights factory standard to begin with or already modified?

I like it a lot so far. Carplay works great. Obviously the screen is still small, so can't expect too much in terms of visibility. But more than enough for a 993.

Headlights were factory. My understanding from Sylwester was that they supplied generic wiring, not specific to a 993 and he had to modify some of the connectors. I think the wires were wrong way around on one of the connectors as well. I definitely would not have been able to do that myself. Also when I tried to install it the instructions were definitely somewhat wrong (at least in terms of instructions vs kit supplied). So it could be they shipped me a few wrong pieces, or it could be the kit is garbage. I only went for it because Tore's kit is out of stock. But anyway, Sylwester fixed it and it works well now.

I got stuck on page 9 onwards... They did not supply bulb wiring by itself. It came with a bulb attached that cant be removed (so had to scrap my plan of using the much better Tore bulb). And the wiring that was attached to the bulb was generic, wouldn't fit to the 993.. I think that is what Sylwester modified. I guess it depends on how patient and handy you are when it comes to fiddly plastic and electrics....I am neither.

I'm leaning towards the normal ultrasonic type built in to the bumper. Is anyone familiar with Dolphin sensors.

Hi Tobe, did you ever get around to weighing your car after doing all the sound deadening?

I did the door skins with Sylwester back in March and I think that added about 4kgs (+8kg new and roughly -4kg old). But I am now thinking of doing the full thing you did but hesitant about weight.

For reference my car is a C2S and currently at 1402kg with a full tank

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back