Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3, GT3 Touring and 911T "off the peg"

HSC911 said:
T8 said:
I don't know what a UK buyer might be able to claim back/avoid paying. :dont know:

Can you go back and ask :mrt:

Happy to come along for a road trip :grin:

Look forward to hearing about the rest of the trip :thumb:
My understanding is you can purchase tax free there, but you'll have to pay all the taxes here as if you would normally if locally sourced.

tim993 said:
is that on sale at 'list price'?

Yep. All were unregistered cars on sale at Dutch list price.

this just wouldn't happen in the UK - it would have been through a single 'owner' already and marked up by 20%, even though it never even left the dealer in the first place... :frustrated: :frustrated:

WOW

Dutch VAT is 21% but then have this BPM which is a one-off tax that must be paid when a car, motorcycle or light goods vehicle is registered in the Netherlands for the first time.

on a 911 GT3

List of €129k
VAT is €27k
BPM € 76k !!!!!!
Price is €23k=2k

well, in Denmark, the new car registration tax is 150% of the cars value. so you'd pay the government as near as damn it £150k to put a £100k car on the road. Not sure where the VAT fits in the equation, but at this point its kind of academic - you either have those levels of spare dough to splash on a DK car or you don't :eek:

tim993 said:
well, in Denmark, the new car registration tax is 150% of the cars value. so you'd pay the government as near as damn it £150k to put a £100k car on the road. Not sure where the VAT fits in the equation, but at this point its kind of academic - you either have those levels of spare dough to splash on a DK car or you don't :eek:
I thought Singapore was bad :eek:

....... may the gods be kind that we don't go down that route ...... but government agenda seems to be slipping that way ......... but hopefully I will be dead and gone by the time the ********* go full tilt ......... :(

T8 said:
All the above are tucked away in a relatively tiny showroom on an industrial estate just outside a little village in the Dutch countryside, 216 miles from Calais.

On it own it's probably not worth a visit but 48 miles further on .................... :cloud9:

To be continued.

Continued Here ==> Porsche Heaven

911UK said:
WOW

Dutch VAT is 21% but then have this BPM which is a one-off tax that must be paid when a car, motorcycle or light goods vehicle is registered in the Netherlands for the first time.

on a 911 GT3

List of €129k
VAT is €27k
BPM € 76k !!!!!!
Price is €23k=2k

this is why my Dutch colleagues all have company cars - apparently there is a huge tax advantage to the employee and they all drive nice cars.

I once very nearly bought a new golf in Germany.

Was £2k cheaper than UK supplied even with negotiation.

The faff of flying over and the EU warranty os 1 year put me off.

They have to supply RHD in any country according to EU law as to refuse would be discriminating. I guess that will stop soon.

So perhaps ask a German dealer about a GT3.

Although new cars are even cheaper supplied through cyprus.... now that would be an epic drive back.

Interesting thread opp!

€150k in tax omg I wonder what the second hand market is like.

wasz said:
Although new cars are even cheaper supplied through cyprus.... now that would be an epic drive back.

Really worth considering that bad boy of an idea. I'd imagine the drive back would be .
Cypress>Greece>Ferry to Brindisi> and then which ever route you choose to get back here. Epic road trip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back