Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

It was hot today, that means boxster day :thumb:

ctOqOEq.jpg

Sooooo much fun :grin:

Some new toys to play with :eek: .....

G7AKImL.jpg

I could make use of the bottom left button especially when someone over values cars :roll:

That was in prep for your passenger ride if you wind me up :wink:

I am sorry but my immediate thought was that the bottom left button was the 'spring clean' when a nervous passenger had an accident.

Thank you for the pictures of the grills. They do look the business.

I was out for lunch today with a good friend, he picked me up in his 991.1 Turbo S, he tells everyone its his wife's car but she never drives it, 2015 with only 1,500 miles on the clock, he is a ferrari guy.

I asked him why he was in it, he said he had seen my boxster in the car park and felt like driving the porsche, he bought it as a keeper car, his exact words where 'the ferrari's come and go but I wanted a car to just keep, they are so well built aren't they". He specced it from new and only drives it on special occasions. Given his 'garage" I found it such a compliment to porsche, special cars :thumb:

I take it he forgot to press the bottom LH button on his?

jonttt said:
I was out for lunch today with a good friend, he picked me up in his 991.1 Turbo S, he tells everyone its his wife's car but she never drives it, 2015 with only 1,500 miles on the clock, he is a ferrari guy.

I asked him why he was in it, he said he had seen my boxster in the car park and felt like driving the porsche, he bought it as a keeper car, his exact words where 'the ferrari's come and go but I wanted a car to just keep, they are so well built aren't they". He specced it from new and only drives it on special occasions. Given his 'garage" I found it such a compliment to porsche, special cars :thumb:

Did you give him a pair of rose tinted sunglasses by any chance :dont know:

jonttt said:
It was hot today, that means boxster day :thumb:

:hand: warm.....not hot. You guys crack me up with your use of the term hot :floor:

What a cracking weekend, fantastic weather in the UK, relatively quite roads and the BGTS is in full time use as my daily :thumb:

I had my first real fast road run when the royal wedding was on Saturday, its was so nice to have quite roads without having to get up at stupid o'clock :grin:

anyway the BGTS continues to astonish me with the amount of sheer fun it provides, I still struggle to think of a car you can have more fun in on the british roads, especially in boxster form when the sun is shining......

ps did I mention the screaming sound of that engine :worship:

some pics after washing both the BGTS and 993 .....

Mi5PJ7V.jpg

j7LauCX.jpg

mDiQRUW.jpg

NGWdvRf.jpg

HO7nHYF.jpg

kf6pVeD.jpg

0BO2DL6.jpg

kFjnk8H.jpg

Agree that when you can find an open road the bgts is as good a car as I've ever driven including my audi b7 rs4 and Westfield.

We have just returned from a driving trip to the Monaco historic gp and I have to say the roads in France are stunning. Smooth tarmac, no potholes. Sweeping bends etc etc and our bgts came alive in sports plus and manual.

If you want to experience the bgts at à¬ts best then I would highly recommend a trip round France.

Also have to say one of the main reasons I bought the gts was due to this thread so jonttt I owe you a sincere vote of thanks as it's the best thing I've ever done car wise.

fildyke said:
Agree that when you can find an open road the bgts is as good a car as I've ever driven including my audi b7 rs4 and Westfield.

We have just returned from a driving trip to the Monaco historic gp and I have to say the roads in France are stunning. Smooth tarmac, no potholes. Sweeping bends etc etc and our bgts came alive in sports plus and manual.

If you want to experience the bgts at à¬ts best then I would highly recommend a trip round France.

Also have to say one of the main reasons I bought the gts was due to this thread so jonttt I owe you a sincere vote of thanks as it's the best thing I've ever done car wise.

That's two of us then that took a BGTS to the Monaco historic!
:thumbs:

I trust you enjoyed the drive down as much as we did.

The route Napoleon from grenoble to grasse were some of the best and most scenic roads I've ever driven.

fildyke said:

Cracking cars, in fact better than cracking cars, they are nearly perfect 2 seater mid engine sports cars IMHO ...... they are not THE fastest, they are not THE best handling, they are not THE best at a lot of things but sometimes, rarely but sometimes something is just more than it should be and the 981 GTS is simply one of those rare things...... it is emotional as a drivers car at a level which very very few cars are and thats what makes them special. The replacement simply does not have that something and thats what will make them even more precious as cars change due to legislation and technology in the very near future.

Ps I've been very lucky this week, I've been using the BGTS as my daily for a few weeks due to the glorious weather, I used my 740 for a longer business trip (which I'm getting to appreciate for what it is more and more), I used the 993 for a day and I spent Friday in a new GTCLusso. We picked that up for list, will be able to run it for a couple of months and flip it at list (they are going for about 20K over list) but despite the option of virtually free Ferrari ownership for a while which car am I driving this weekend......the BGTS ...... I simply can't get enough of it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back