Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

jonttt said:
Ok £150,000 sold as seen and it includes the carbon knob :bandit:

I take it that includes that £50k plate it has on it? :dont know: :grin:

After putting the original registration back in the car last week I fitted the plates that where put on the car by the dealer I bought it from. I changed these today for 3D aluminum plates which I have on all my cars....

j6pqXG2.jpg

MOMZGR6.jpg

jonttt said:
After putting the original registration back in the car last week I fitted the plates that where put on the car by the dealer I bought it from. I changed these today for 3D aluminum plates which I have on all my cars....

j6pqXG2.jpg

MOMZGR6.jpg

I'm glad you provided a close up pic as I had no idea what the difference was. :thumb:

Ex Mercedes bodyshop guy who setup his own business specializing in refurbishing wheels,

Interesting. I'm not far away. Where is this place?

I've even remembered to get new valves for the hollow spokes to be fitted during the wheel refurb :)

DvLAynQ.jpg

What ever happened to the TMPS you were planning to fit to the wheels jonttt? Will they get done when the wheels are refurbed?

Where you getting the hollow spokes refurbed jonttt? Many places that use chemicals won't touch them

mohitos said:
What ever happened to the TMPS you were planning to fit to the wheels jonttt? Will they get done when the wheels are refurbed?

I fitted them years ago and got them working, must be somewhere back in this thread but.....I got them cheap off eBay and I realised why after......... they have a shelf life and the batteries did not last long. It was a fun project but ultimately too much hassle for the benefit so they are still in there but dead. It's the reason I remembered to get new valves as I had to adapt the last ones to fit the TPMS.

Ridders said:
Where you getting the hollow spokes refurbed jonttt? Many places that use chemicals won't touch them

Its local to me and he had quite a few Porsche wheels in but I'll double check with him 're them being hollow spokes :thumb:

With the intention of actually using the car a little this year it was out for a c100 mile run yesturday. A bit of motorway in the mix so managed to open her up which was great.......

Lots of great compliments with several people I know asking me if it was my car, the general appreciation these cars get on the road still amazes me.

One the drive, what a sight to look back at...

wjRC9cs.jpg

Given the weather I succumbed to the temptation of the BGTS today, what a combo of cars to choose from, happy days :thumb:

ctOqOEq.jpg

The 993 went in today to have the wheels refurbed so I thought I would post some before pics to be updated when I get the car back...

yF3Qq3y.jpg

4swNwBN.jpg

uJmphhM.jpg

This front wheel was by far the worst and talking to the guy doing the job it was obvious that the wheels had been refurbed before my ownership and not very well. I agreed to have all 4 done to a) get them back closer to factory finish b) ensure they all look the same.

The cost is £260, you leave the car with them for 2 days to allow for an overnight chemical bath.

Once I get these done, its service time on Friday at Unit 11 in Warrington and then hopefully at some point I'll get the wheels off to give the calipers a good clean :oops:

jonttt said:
The 993 went in today to have the wheels refurbed so I thought I would post some before pics to be updated when I get the car back...

yF3Qq3y.jpg

4swNwBN.jpg

uJmphhM.jpg

This front wheel was by far the worst and talking to the guy doing the job it was obvious that the wheels had been refurbed before my ownership and not very well. I agreed to have all 4 done to a) get them back closer to factory finish b) ensure they all look the same.

The cost is £260, you leave the car with them for 2 days to allow for an overnight chemical bath.

Once I get these done, its service time on Friday at Unit 11 in Warrington and then hopefully at some point I'll get the wheels off to give the calipers a good clean :oops:

That sounds like s bargain. Like the sound of the acid bath too remembering something I've read somewhere about blast material getting into the hollow wheel and making them impossible to balance. The way you are doing it must be a lot better. :thumbs:

Be interesting to see the results. I double checked with the guy when I dropped it off re the hollow spokes and he just reassured me that he knows what he is doing. They had lots of nice metal there again today and by the looks of them main dealer refurbs on nearly new cars.

I was due to pic up the car this afternoon after the wheel refurb but just got a call to say they are not 100% happy with one of the wheels and can they have it another day to redo it so I'll pick it up tomorrow.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back