Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

removing wart (sports chrono pod)

stucart

Fancy changing the hue of my Sports Chrono Pod and the speaker grill that sits behind it, anyone removed these? If so how did you do it ??
Where's Phil :D

Aha Stu, I got my wart painted body colour, quite easy to remove by taking out the middle air vent squeeze the tabs holding the wart to the dash in place and it pops out. never removed the middle dash grille but I imagine its only clipped in .
also I painted the surround that goes around the gauges , on the gen1 it was done silver to match the galvarno trim on the gen2 it was done body colour
if you didnt want to do the door spears then you could just do the door pull see the pic

I also today picked up a few more painted interior pieces
mirror triangles
roof light and alien eyes
rectangular bits that go under the door speakers
headlight washers (get rid of the chrome)

hope some of those ideas help with what your planning :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_224.jpg
    chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_224.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 7,852
  • img_2059_852.jpg
    img_2059_852.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 7,852
  • img_2638_160.jpg
    img_2638_160.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7,852
  • img_2268_126.jpg
    img_2268_126.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 7,852
  • img_0356_165.jpg
    img_0356_165.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 7,852
  • acid_green_door_pull_169.jpg
    acid_green_door_pull_169.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 7,852
  • img_2267_856.jpg
    img_2267_856.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 7,852
Phil. do you not think the wart will pop out without removing the vent? If not any info on getting vent out?? Cheers Stu.

stucart said:
Phil. do you not think the wart will pop out without removing the vent? If not any info on getting vent out?? Cheers Stu.

No mate as the tabs have a v shaped tooth that holds it under the dash you have to remove the centre vent , cant remember how we did it but I am sure others will tell you I do remember it was very easy to remove the vent just cant remember quite where the fixing are to point you in the right direction :thumb:

Attachments

• porsche_speed_wart_673.jpg
    porsche_speed_wart_673.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 7,764
  • porcf_158_b_600x600_135.jpg
    porcf_158_b_600x600_135.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7,759
Robbie, I have spent so much time looking for options for the chrono clock to give it a use , As there are only so many times getting it to stop on 911 is fun :floor: but the best I could come up with was the speed camera detector . :thumb:

I had a MacanS as a loan car last week and that had a time clock in the wart It had hours and mins in the centre and the large needle was the second hand looked good but I bet it would be expensive

Had a poke about but short of breaking something cannot figure out how that centre vent releases?? The speaker grill was easy as bought a second hand black one off the Bay, bit closest pulls up then front unclips, swap sensor thing to new one and job done!
Just this grille and then the wart for recovering. Anyone??????

stucart said:
Had a poke about but short of breaking something cannot figure out how that centre vent releases?? The speaker grill was easy as bought a second hand black one off the Bay, bit closest pulls up then front unclips, swap sensor thing to new one and job done!
Just this grille and then the wart for recovering. Anyone??????

Stu my tech is at my home tommorrow afternoon for pre Dinslaken checks on the car ,I will ask him to remind me how to remove it :thumb:

that would be brilliant cheers Phil. :thumb:

The wart seems to be a contentious issue amongst owners. I'm a massive fan of it although I'm not sure what it actually used for in the real world.
I like the speed camera thing as an idea as a retrofit, but I couldn't bring myself to put a hole in that beautiful cocoa leather.

Stu, James says if you look up into the top of the vents you will see two tabs one each side of the middle section they are quite difficult to see use a torch , get two flat tools and gently pucsh them both down at the same time it vent should then pop free :thumb: hope that helps and good luck with it :thumb:

FZP said:
The wart seems to be a contentious issue amongst owners. I'm a massive fan of it although I'm not sure what it actually used for in the real world.
I like the speed camera thing as an idea as a retrofit, but I couldn't bring myself to put a hole in that beautiful cocoa leather.

No I agree Frank if you havent got a wart then its not worth the hastle to retrofit one just to hide a speed camera but if you have got a wart and what to make it have a use then the speed camera is an option :thumb:

Phil, ( & James) thanks for that I will have another go at removing vent and wart.
On another note can Gen 1 door spears be removed, looking at it I think not they appear to be permanently fixed to the door cards!! Damn just purchased a second hand set of door cards with the idea of swapping them!!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back