Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 cat c

After a busy week finally got it on the road! Only took the one pic so far but hope you like! Looking into possibly doing the IMS upgrade for piece of mind, could anyone shed some light on it? Have experience with the boxsters but not the 911. I'm hoping it is the similar once you're in there as it's a 2004 car. Have read a lot but no solid answers

Attachments

• 3b283dbf_551d_4cf2_ba28_c440767e858b_132.jpeg
    3b283dbf_551d_4cf2_ba28_c440767e858b_132.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 2,666
Nice colour! Looks like it's got hard back seats?

Need more spec and pics, porsche badge on number plate shows last owner was an enthusiast :thumbs:

I love cocoa interior, kin hate black wheels though, good buy IMO :thumb:

I heard all about this while getting my MOT done this weekend, sounds and looks like you've got a real bargain there, nice one :thumb:

Oh and more photos needed please :D

Looking really great for £13k! Absolutely can't argue with the amount of car for the money - and if it's been repaired to a good standard and runs OK then get out there and enjoy it!

I would hope that at £13k it's not too rough around the edges cosmetically. I guess with such a great price paid you've got room to make improvements (and refurb the wheels!).

Wheel and car colour are all subjective, long as you like it just ignore everyone else. I think they look fine and you have done well :)

yeah I said I hate, not everyone should change their wheels to 'normal' because I say so.....

I live in hertfordshire, close to essex, and round here there are way to many people who think the cutting edge of style is a white range rover evoque with black wheels.........

That look lovely and is a bargain. Whereabouts in Cornwall are you?

Re. IMS, that is a whole can of worms. I would search for IMS bearing on here and on Rennlist.com and come to your own conclusions. Essentially yes, it is the same issue/solution for 997s as it is for 996s and Boxsters.

£13k!?!? Not even Terry Tibbs could have got a 911 for that lol!

Congrats on getting yourself a cracking car fella and health to enjoy.

:thumbs:

Attachments

• th_356.jpg
    th_356.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2,444
Check with the previous owner if the IMS was done, he might know, and an awful lot of them, especially ones which have been looked after, will of had it done already!

resigner said:
I really hate black wheels on any car.

:eek: :eek: Well thats you off my Xmas card list :floor: :floor:

Zingari said:
Knock a third off what you'd value a straight one at. Does Cat C have to be inspected after repairs completed and I think if so comes with a certificate?

That was a VIC. Abolished a couple of years ago after it was decided it served no purpose. It was an identity check more than anything, and caught a handful of cars at best, at a truly whopping cost to the motorist population.

Until very recently all the talk of category damage and being able to be returned to the road was just that - talk. There was no basis in law. In fact, I'm of the opinion (on the grounds I can't find any amended legislation) that there still isn't; but DVLA have done what they usually do and made up their own rules - to the point where for certain categories they will now no longer issue a V5.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back