Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In the Grey corner, contender 1 and in the Black corner.....

wasz said:
If you want a stamp, I can get you a stamp :floor:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152983546995

They even do them with period correct phone numbers :thumb:

Specify a long closed down dealership for best effect.

:?:

2 sold............come on own up who was it lol........

rallyman1978 said:
The missing stamped SH means it's a no from me. But that's just me, I guess it's a great buy for someone.

Now I'm really torn and the 3.4 aero cars look soooo good and take me back to my happy place at Le Mans at the end of the 90's - the whole reason for wanting a 911 for me in the first place

As has been said, I think it is rather short sighted ruling out this car. Why not at least go to see it and make your mind up based on what is has, not what it hasn't?

Well that lovely silver £17.5 k aerokitted 996.1 seems to have sold - listed on 17/4, ended 19/4.

Someone got a lovely car. Wonder if they are/will appear on here?

Yes seen it sold, that didn't hang along, bet he wished he had listed it for money lol

Marky911 said:
Another "Wait!" from me.

Unless you just want to scratch the itch or know you want to try and go newer every few years then be patient. If you're buying a keeper you want it to excite you and be exactly what you want.

Certain things I'd be happy to compromise on, such as the general spec of a car e.g. Sports seats, M030, as they are easily sorted later. Sports seats aren't that wow and M030 is a 20 year old design even if it's in mint condition.

Things I wouldn't compromise on would be Mk1 or Mk2. I'd make sure I bought the one I preferred.
Same with C2 or C4, manual or tip, then cab, coupe or Targa.

Be patient, good luck. :thumb:

PS. Did Gixxer996's car sell? That was a nice aerokitted Mk1 with plenty of work done and very well priced.

No ive still got it! Mostly due to working in Germany all the time at the mo! Means the car is sat at home not moving. I have decided to sort out the few minor issues and list it again in the summer (probably).

I did have 2 people view - both offered full asking price... why didnt it sell... Buyer number 1 - shook hands and considered sold until he could pick up in a couple of days. Buyer 2 - offered full price but as id shaken hands with buyer 1, i said he has first refusal if buyer 1 does not complete. Ended up that buyer 1 (complete time wasting C**t) continued to string me along till the point where buyer 2 had bought another car. :roll:

Those who've said wait are right. I've waited this long I shouldn't get a car for the sake of it, I'd only regret it. So back looking for my unicorn.
Jason, drop me a line when yours is back on the market, it's literally only the grey leather that's put me off and there may be a work around for it 🤔
Thanks all for your words of wisdom thus far 🙌🏻

Gixxer996 said:
....continued to string me along till the point where buyer 2 had bought another car. :roll:

For me its always the person with the cash or bank transfer that evening that drives it away. I won't hold it for anyone even a deposit. I've had full asking offers pending a few days to sort their money or whatever, and sold at an offer under the next day. The first person never comes back. Too many dreamers.

I once had someone ring about coming from Scotland to see a car, I waited in they never showed up. The next time it happened I said yeah but be aware it might sell before you get here at the weekend, they were pissed off when it did - claimed all kinds of BS like day off work childcare, whatever but thats just the way it goes.

So the moral is if you see a car at the right price and right spec, have the cash ready and get there as fast as humanely possible.

Yea I know was, pretty stupid of me. On the upside I've still got the car and keep buying bits for it to fit when I get home.... can't help myself :nooo:

OP I'll let you know when /if the car goes back up for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back