Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Woo hoo...!!!

Piha

The big burning orb in the sky made a welcome appearance today so there was only one thing for it......A DOG WALK........and then out in the car.

The roads around Surrey and West Sussex are fabulous for a drive and they didn't disappoint today. I'm still running the car in, so didn't go mad but wow, what a car the 911 is. I'm seriously seriously impressed! I was followed by a lovely white LHD 928 (at least I think it was a 928) through West Sussex for a while and saw plenty of other P cars out enjoying the dry warm tarmac.

The only negatives were the state of the roads and the Margaret & Derek's holding everyone up in the their Honda Jazzes but hey, they're entitled to be there too and it was sunny, so no drama's.

Anybody else out today? :thumb:

yep nice drive out saw a lovely 996.1 with full Aero around Bournemouth looked a very nice one. totally agree about the state of our road its a national discrace our government should be ashamed to preside over a country who transport network is in such poor state . makes the roads in South africa look like new.
Its one of the few issues thay make me mad knowing what we plan to spend on HS2 and how much in overseas aid we give. It must be starting to become dangerious as I see cars weaving around the holes and not looking any further than 20 ft ahead of you . :nooo: :nooo:

Just done the Helmholtz Resonator delete so had to go out topless for a blast to see if I'd gained any more noise and gee gees.

Lovely, warm & sunny up 'ere in Lancashire this avo 8)

All after WALKING THE DOG obviously :grin:

alex yates said:
Just done the Helmholtz Resonator delete so had to go out topless for a blast to see if I'd gained any more noise and gee gees.

Lovely, warm & sunny up 'ere in Lancashire this avo 8)

All after WALKING THE DOG obviously :grin:

And
A/ what did you think of the res delete
B/ why were you not busy with Ayates engineering SSK div .
C/ is "walking the dog" a euphemism

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Cracking day, had a brunch time pork meet then home to pick up the family for an afternoon trip down the A21 to Hastings. So many Porsche out on the road seems everyone had the same idea, just a shame I was in the Ford Kuga.

........ I think it is time that a petition was started about the woeful state of our roads ...... they are indeed becoming dangerous ...... it is an absolute disgrace.

:nooo:

madalaa said:
........ I think it is time that a petition was started about the woeful state of our roads ...... they are indeed becoming dangerous ...... it is an absolute disgrace.

:nooo:

successive governments have been ignoring the fundementals for nigh on 50 years, in favour of their pet liberal/crackpot policies.

you are best off getting a pile of hardcore delivered, some cold tarmac, a wheelbarrow and shovel and cracking on yourself, imagine everybody doing half a dozen potholes each, i would be well up for it, its absolutely disgraceful where i am, yesterday a man at the top of our village had his camera and tape measure out, his wife had hit one, she couldnt avoid it or she would have had a head-on.

British roads are currently 3rd world. I foolishly assumed the fine weather would be around all day so prepped for the kitchen install that is starting this morning.
Go out later I thought.......never happened as it rained. :sad: but the weather is looking warm for later this week and I love a twilight thrash around here.

It pee'd down in Bristol for most of the day yesterday; lovely today though and had a lovely drive to work with the roof down. 8)

Osh

Osh said:
It pee'd down in Bristol for most of the day yesterday; lovely today though and had a lovely drive to work with the roof down. 8)

Osh

:thumb: bet it made work feel generally better just driving with the roof down :thumb:

God I'm so jealous!! I'm still getting over a badly broken leg and it's killing me not getting it out! My two mates turned up on Saturday in 991 4S and 991.2 gts I nearly cried😢😢

On the roads I thought it was bad up north but damn we drove from les gets in France over the ferry to Dover and crater city up the A2 and don't get me going on the M25 near Heathrow 😂😂

Took my 4S to the office today... fantastic morning with the funny glowing orb thing putting in another appearance.

But agreed, the B road I use is something else altogether, they've patched up a few holes but it is horrific. I think VED should be made 'road tax' again and actually use it to repair the roads, not go into the general pot.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaindelon
Back