Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In the Grey corner, contender 1 and in the Black corner.....

g911omr said:
I was in the same position a year ago. Ideally I wanted a 3.4 C2 with low miles, low owners, perfect history, black sports interior. I spent weeks looking at various cars. Not one single car was exactly what I wanted, but in the end something popped up that was, bar the sports interior, pretty much perfect. I bought it the same day the ad appeared.
My advice, for what its worth, would be to persevere and be patient. Something is bound to crop up.
I know the dealer had a little bit of bad press recently, but this looks good, especially with the recent engine work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...219636?hash=item3b09302134:g:r7EAAOSwe1xaz1g6

the one in the link and this one I have added

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...215969?hash=item3b09c8a961:g:07gAAOSwlrJa1bzr

tread very carefully and search the dealer in the recent threads on here OP or anyone else looking , there have been some very very negative threads about this dealer in the past few months . so tread with extreme caution :nooo: :nooo:

Wait for a 3.4 is my advice, I waited for a year for my just about perfect spec 996.1 aero with all the sought after options, only compromise was it had a sunroof but I can live with that. I looked at others along the way and considered 996.2 and 997.1 but just knew the right car was out there it was just a matter of being patient. I would for ever kick myself if I had plumped for something else then your perfect spec pops up for sale..............
Good luck pal and keep the faith

Attachments

• 177159_14_big_131.jpg
    177159_14_big_131.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 4,798
Another "Wait!" from me.

Unless you just want to scratch the itch or know you want to try and go newer every few years then be patient. If you're buying a keeper you want it to excite you and be exactly what you want.

Certain things I'd be happy to compromise on, such as the general spec of a car e.g. Sports seats, M030, as they are easily sorted later. Sports seats aren't that wow and M030 is a 20 year old design even if it's in mint condition.

Things I wouldn't compromise on would be Mk1 or Mk2. I'd make sure I bought the one I preferred.
Same with C2 or C4, manual or tip, then cab, coupe or Targa.

Be patient, good luck. :thumb:

PS. Did Gixxer996's car sell? That was a nice aerokitted Mk1 with plenty of work done and very well priced.

Marky911 said:
77szymon said:
Forgot about this one ended 9 April car is unsold as reserve not met so you can try contact seller I think this one check all your needs hope is for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That looks great if it stacks up.
Lose the chavvy plates and for me the rear lights and it would look great.
Not sure where he gets the S from but again it's easily rectified.

Agreed looks nice. I don't like those wheels, but they are easily changed if you so wished. I bet he'd take an offer too...

OP - this has just appeared - 1998, C2, manual, aerokit, M030, LSD, black interior, sports seats - £17.5k :thumb:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Por...970720?hash=item4d71ef01a0:g:NsIAAOSwzYpa1j~J

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

If you are looking for a 3.4 over 100k miles......

LSD will likely be worn / ineffective at this mileage

M030 shocks (or any shocks) will be worn at this mileage

Just buy a nice 3.4 cable throttle car you can find.

Fit new suspension (M030 if if has to be original, other options may be better )
Fit an LSD (you will find there is so much grip, not really needed on road)
Fit an aerokit if you have to
Score some hardbacks from a boxster.

Fit all new suspension arms and steering arms, enjoy a car that drives like new to your spec.

IF, its the same one as in the 911 and Porsche World magazine.......

This is a Youtube video of the same car....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUKj0TGOyRQ

+ 1 on waiting. I missed out on my "ideal" car just because I couldn't wait and settled on another car. Ended up selling it again, and waited till the one I have now came up........

As others have said though, don't worry about LSD - It'll be knackard. Or Mo30 suspension - that'll be knackard too unless renewed already.

Good Luck OP. Hope you get what your looking for.

The missing stamped SH means it's a no from me. But that's just me, I guess it's a great buy for someone.

Now I'm really torn and the 3.4 aero cars look soooo good and take me back to my happy place at Le Mans at the end of the 90's - the whole reason for wanting a 911 for me in the first place

rallyman1978 said:
The missing stamped SH means it's a no from me. But that's just me, I guess it's a great buy for someone.

Now I'm really torn and the 3.4 aero cars look soooo good and take me back to my happy place at Le Mans at the end of the 90's - the whole reason for wanting a 911 for me in the first place

Seems a shame to dismiss the silver car on the basis of a few missing stamps. What matters is its had the work which the bills should show... as long as its evident it had oil and filters etc.

Its a perfect spec car and as you know they are rare.

It seems to me that if you get a 996.2 every time you see an aerokit .1 you will wish you'd waited.

rallyman1978 said:

You should not look on stamps as my C4S is with full history and yet a lot to do, you should look what has been done to car and when and silver one look sorted ask seller for invoices and check date and milege and ask if he is ok to drop car at Northway Porsche Limited they will check car for all week points it cost if correct £250.

One more to add, there are plenty C4 and C2 standard with history and shining from dealers but not as many with aero pack and even less nice ones.

I believe the silver aero car above may be the one that featured in the YouTube video by number 27 recently as seem to recognise the plate from the mag feature. Looked a sorted car and if I hadn't just purchased I would be hammering his door down.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back