Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The trials and tribulations of finding a Cayman 981S

Didsby said:
Yes recognise that I am going to have to compromise especially since I want a nice example with lowish miles.

Having looked round at more cars and got to grips with things a bit more the only real must haves are for me personally.

20 wheels
Pasm
Sports steering wheel for the flappy paddles
Sports seat plus
Dual climate
Rear sensors

I'm taking the view that they are great cars and I won't miss what I never had!

There are two cars on the Porsche used car locator that have those options. Any good?

tim993 said:
Didsby said:
Yes recognise that I am going to have to compromise especially since I want a nice example with lowish miles.

Having looked round at more cars and got to grips with things a bit more the only real must haves are for me personally.

20 wheels
Pasm
Sports seat plus
Dual climate
Rear sensors

There are two cars on the Porsche used car locator that have those options. Any good?

If I've ran my search correctly there is a red one which isn't for me colour wise and a black one without paddles.

Am I missing one?

Cheers

You can get the steering wheel changed for one with paddles if you find a car with all the other options you're after.

Didsby said:
tim993 said:
Didsby said:

20 wheels
Pasm
Sports seat plus
Dual climate
Rear sensors

If I've ran my search correctly there is a red one which isn't for me colour wise and a black one without paddles.

Am I missing one?

Cheers

When i ticked your must-haves, four cars came up. One has button shifts (though easily swapped out as others have said)

The other three are:

The Agate Grey one at OPC Glasgow £47.5k
GT Silver one at OPC Solihull (14 ways which are even better, plus the rare and desirable PTV) £36k
White one at OPC Aberdeen £41k

Sorry I don't know how to embed links!

but if you don't see these, its probably as I have missed off a key option!

The liklihood is you will find cars with far more than you really want, but then again if you wanted a particular paired back spec the only way was unfortunately to have bought new in the first place...

...but you knew that, i'm sure!

Again, a very personal view here, but the roll-over hoops in body colour is nice, as is the body colour interior strip across the dash and doors. Both really lift these cars and add a bit of sparkle, without being brash.

Think you're looking at boxsters mate and I've been looking for Cayman s!!

Oops :oops:

That was an epic fail on my part - sorry to waste your time!!!

tim993 said:
Oops :oops:

That was an epic fail on my part - sorry to waste your time!!!

No worries nice of you to try! Could be tempted by a boxster but only if I good find the extra for a GTS which is probably a stretch too far

Found a car that has everything I would like..
One but..

It's flat black - should it be a deal breaker??

its a personal thing, but for me yes - wouldn't want flat back, but then I love Guards Red - which you don't. Only you know the answer here :?

BTW - GR looks much better in the metal than in pics - it really suits the lines of the 981.

Happy with the flat black price agreed, one or two bits to finalise but all being well I will be the proud owner of a perfectly specd for me 981s!!

Excellent news :thumbs:

All sorted for collection 27.05
The seller has very kindly agreed to hold onto to it for a month with a slightly increased level of deposit which I was comfortable with.

The days are certainly dragging, the car is in Scotland so will fly to Aberdeen and drive back to Manchester. Will certainly enjoy the drive back down, unfortunately can't prolong th trip as wedding the following day.

Some of you might have spotted the car up on AT but the ad is down now. Was on at 43k and negotiatied a little off. Not as much as hoped but reckon I got it 4/5 k cheaper than would have been at a dealer and it stillness a years porsche warranty. Also didn't take me long to twig that if the right spec comes along need to act quick

Time is going to drag, mine is sat on the drive and for various reasons I have not been able to drive it for a week and its killing me, in the mean time you can research 'modding" :grin:

Ps there is very little you can mod on these cars but 991 side indicators are nice :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back