Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom's 3.8l engine build

116618LN said:
That methanol tank is amazing!

Ive been looking to replace my crap plastic one for a while. Are they planning on making more?

Matt was fitting one to a 991 today when I picked my car up, so yes. Are you looking for supply only?

911tom said:
116618LN said:

Ive been looking to replace my crap plastic one for a while. Are they planning on making more?

Matt was fitting one to a 991 today when I picked my car up, so yes. Are you looking for supply only?

Yes, I already have the system installed so I would just install the tank myself.

That really is a lurvley tank,,,,,saves a lot of space in the frunk too

Well done Tom :D

That looks the mutt's Tom! Or should that be 'the Matt's'?!

As usual, his work is of an amazing standard.

116618LN said:
911tom said:
116618LN said:

Yes, I already have the system installed so I would just install the tank myself.

Is yours an aquamist kit as I suspect only their pump will fit?

Thanks for your kind words Mike and Faried. I'll pass your comments on to Matt :D

Yep aquamist, if I can get one ill prob get it powder coated black :D

Matts attention to detail is incredible, it's easy to see why he has a reputation of being one of the best in the business, is OCD is almost as bad as mine lol.. Your build looks awesome Tom, when do you get to collect it?

AdeD said:
Matts attention to detail is incredible, it's easy to see why he has a reputation of being one of the best in the business, is OCD is almost as bad as mine lol.. Your build looks awesome Tom, when do you get to collect it?

You are not wrong about Matt Ade. He is obsessed with the detail! Picked up my car this afternoon :D
Sadly I won't be at vmax Saturday. I need to run the engine in and get the meth tune done etc. Shame the next one is not until September!

911tom said:
AdeD said:

You are not wrong about Matt Ade. He is obsessed with the detail! Picked up my car this afternoon :D
Sadly I won't be at vmax Saturday. I need to run the engine in and get the meth tune done etc. Shame the next one is not until September!

Yeah and there doesn't seem to be anything else filling the gap either, if i could find a suitable and willing airfield i would organise one...

The main thing is you'll be out enjoying the car again though, take it easy, get it run in well :D

BHZ661 said:
Looking good Tom , bet your glad to have it back :)

Sure am Gary! Perfect timing with the weather changing too :D

Shame work gets in the way though.

Was chatting with Matt yesterday. Turns out he has made a few extra meth tanks as they have proved quite popular. Apparently he can adapt the design fairly easily to suit different pumps. He is fitting one now where the customer has provided a snow performance kit. He's also looking at the option of building them out of Aluminium so they can be anodised any colour.

A couple of you have already PM'd me asking about them so if you want a piece of art in your Frunk give Fearnsport a call.

Few pics of the snow performance kit in a 991. Installed by Fearnsport;

40663523925_3751af0441_k.jpg

40663527805_85a42a363a_k.jpg

40663525765_2e6fe2574d_k.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back