Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nick's C2S Modding Thread

tyinsky said:
Sounds superb!!!!

I have a little bit of regret not getting Ohlins for mine instead of refurbishing the PS9s. Looking forward to the updates :thumbs:

Thanks. Will get as much of it as possible up on here.

nickjonesn4 said:
No pictures but today was a good day...

Bought Ohlins shocks and booked the car in for fitting and a full suspension refresh. At the same time steering wheel, dash top, door tops will be retrimmed in black leather. Wavetrac LSD also being fitted whilst it's in. Work being done at RPM Technik.

Then...

Booked in today for Top End rebuild, gas flower heads and more aggressive cams at CTR Developments. Confirming final spec with Richard this week and will share. Once done there its going to their local exhaust guy for full custom exhaust Inc manifolds. Goal is 330-340bhp.

Very excited that this is all now really happening and will be on the road with a the above done end of March/early April.

Sounds awesome. :bandit:

It might be a good time for an upgrade to Big Reds to stop that extra oomph. ;)

C.

cableguy said:
nickjonesn4 said:
No pictures but today was a good day...

Bought Ohlins shocks and booked the car in for fitting and a full suspension refresh. At the same time steering wheel, dash top, door tops will be retrimmed in black leather. Wavetrac LSD also being fitted whilst it's in. Work being done at RPM Technik.

Then...

Booked in today for Top End rebuild, gas flower heads and more aggressive cams at CTR Developments. Confirming final spec with Richard this week and will share. Once done there its going to their local exhaust guy for full custom exhaust Inc manifolds. Goal is 330-340bhp.

Very excited that this is all now really happening and will be on the road with a the above done end of March/early April.

Sounds awesome. :bandit:

It might be a good time for an upgrade to Big Reds to stop that extra oomph. ;)

C.

Been thinking that Carl...

I need to get out more :floor:

Finally driving the car down to RPM Technik tomorrow after multiple delays due to weather, work and parts availability.

Will post pics up of the work as they will be documenting and sending me pics. Should all be done by end of month then to the trimmer and then to CTR for the engine work.

Few other minor additions to the planned work with a strut brace and new engine mounts added.

Exciting time and a nice 400 mile drive tomorrow to look forward to.

Very pleasant blast down the A1 this morning. Had forgotten what a good motorway car the 993 is. 3 hours to go til drop off.

Remarkably easy drive down from Scotland. Car dropped off safely with the guys at RPM. Good people and some lovely cars there for sale plus maybe 15 project cars being worked on. A good sign. The Ohlins shocks look amazing.

20180416_163913.jpg

20180416_164046.jpg

Also crested the 80k miles mark today

nickjonesn4 said:
Also crested the 80k miles mark today

Worthless now, I will give you 25 bags for her so you don't lose any more money on her :floor:

:thumb:

Them Ohlins look yummy... Will be good to read your thoughts when fitted and setup.

C.

cableguy said:
Them Ohlins look yummy... Will be good to read your thoughts when fitted and setup.

C.

Yep the Ohlins were making me feel a bit giddy, the integrated top mounts are a thing of beauty and overall quality and finish is :worship:

Car probably gone for 3 weeks as interior and diff being done at same time but will report back. Will miss her

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Yep the Ohlins were making me feel a bit giddy, the integrated top mounts are a thing of beauty and overall quality and finish is :worship:

Car probably gone for 3 weeks as interior and diff being done at same time but will report back. Will miss her

Those Ohlins dampers look awesome. What's wrong with the diff?

tyinsky said:
nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Those Ohlins dampers look awesome. What's wrong with the diff?

The car wasn't specced with a diff. With the weather in Scotland and adding more power imminently this seemed essential to me.

A diff makes a big difference to how the car feels. It does help put power down, but the biggest benefit to me was the rear end stability under very heavy braking. Be aware that a diff will increase understeer which can be dialled out via suspension tweaks.

Sutton said:
A diff makes a big difference to how the car feels. It does help put power down, but the biggest benefit to me was the rear end stability under very heavy braking. Be aware that a diff will increase understeer which can be dialled out via suspension tweaks.

Yep. It's a route I've been down with other RWD cars before although have always used Quaife so this is partially new ground. Most notably in my 650bhp E55k Wagon which was something of a handful pre-diff! It's also the reasons I went with RPM so I could get the diff installed at the same time as the suspension work to make sure the set up was done at the same time and handling sorted. They tend to fit these Gripper diffs to their CSR cars and having driven one I was super impressed.

Nice one Nick! It looks like your plan is coming along.

I've only had experience of plate diffs rather than atbs like the Quaife. I'd be interested in your feedback about the Gripper as my diff is worn so I'm looking for a replacement.

Sutton said:
Nice one Nick! It looks like your plan is coming along.

I've only had experience of plate diffs rather than atbs like the Quaife. I'd be interested in your feedback about the Gripper as my diff is worn so I'm looking for a replacement.

The theory is that the gripper is serviceable and able to be personalized depending on use, so if I decided I wanted a more aggressive set up in future I could. Also once it's worn it can be serviced rather than replaced. I've opted for the 80% road/20% track set up. Will report back next month.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back