Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats's the story RE12XJD late 997.2 Turbo Manual ?

carkid said:
This kind of revelation is very disturbing- how many buyers are paying a premium to get the safety and security of a car from a well known dealer when actually they are ending up with a car they wouldn't touch with a barge pole if they knew the true history of the car.

JZM are not cheap- but having seen them inspect my 991 GTS prior to selling it I would buy from them without question- they were fastidious and do the job properly....evidently unlike some dealers

Devil's advocate: JZM may have been fastidious in their efforts to knock you down on price. They may still have wanted it if not so good, but they would have paid you less.

Just saying.

Can I be the 2nd Devils Advocate here....
Yes it's seems to have been in a very uncared for state in the past, but do we actually know it wasn't fixed right and has anybody actually seen the Rev range print out ?
I'm not saying the speculation is unreasonable, you Guys know a lot more than me, but putting the claim about it being a former Porsche display car to one side I don't see anything wrong with rectifying problems and returning what may have been a sound car just ropey around the edges.

I shall get my tin hat on now :D

Main Force Patrol said:
Can I be the 2nd Devils Advocate here....
Yes it's seems to have been in a very uncared for state in the past, but do we actually know it wasn't fixed right and has anybody actually seen the Rev range print out ?
I'm not saying the speculation is unreasonable, you Guys know a lot more than me, but putting the claim about it being a former Porsche display car to one side I don't see anything wrong with rectifying problems and returning what may have been a sound car just ropey around the edges.

I shall get my tin hat on now :D

They have a number, you can do the investigatory work mate, I would hazard a guess, that it won't be available for whatever reason. :thumb:

A few months back actually more like 18 months :grin: my neighbour turned up in a 991 Turbo S in red, wow I says what going on? Ive borrowed it from Porsche for a week to see if I want one. He offered me a spin out in it, how could I refuse!! He put it in manual wow what a beast but I wouldn't have wanted to buy it after that :eek:

Ex-Silverstone performance day cars

Not defending any particular Porsche dealers or the OPC's, but when dozens of cars are sold by Porsche Cars Great Britain into the official UK Porsche network every year, and then are given Porsche Approved to be re-sold, how do we know that our cars are not ex-Silverstone performance day cars? Just saying...

For any Porsche to be sold via the OPC network it needs to pass the 111 point check which would include over revs etc. There is a reason why this car was sold via auction and not via their network.
You've then got 2 years worth of warranty to sort out any issues that arise.
I'd have no problems in buying an ex Silverstone car so long as it was passed as fit by their own rules.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back