Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's up with Porsche and its stock of spares

My drivers side window regulator broke last week. My Indy was advised by his contact at Porsche there was a world wide back order of them and could be 6 months minimum before they came back in stock. We went ahead replacing with a non OEM part (the only part we could find in the UK) and after fitting the part the window doesn't go all the way down (about an inch left). The Indy agreed it was crap and would let me know ASAP when the part comes in stock so it can be replaced.

My car is a Gen 2, these cars have been around for 10 years now and I can't understand why Porsche wouldn't demand plan for parts breaking on their cars.

The frustrating thing is that Porsche have always pledged that they will keep spare parts for older models . not really acceptable for a marque like Porsche but maybe its what happens when a Euro box manufacturer gets involved :nooo: :nooo:

Geezer 911 said:
...after fitting the part the window doesn't go all the way down (about an inch left). The Indy agreed it was crap and would let me know ASAP when the part comes in stock so it can be replaced.

This is because you haven't removed the plastic tab, (it fits a boxter too) Not because it's crap.

Halcyon said:
Geezer 911 said:
...after fitting the part the window doesn't go all the way down (about an inch left). The Indy agreed it was crap and would let me know ASAP when the part comes in stock so it can be replaced.

This is because you haven't removed the plastic tab, (it fits a boxter too) Not because it's crap.

Rob , thats a handy hint mate, hopefully Geezer will be able to sort his window now :thumb: :thumb:

deMort said:
Porsche only make so much stock then production stops .

Ie they will have say 500 shocks on the shelf and that will last say 5 years .. when they run out they find a manufactuor to make another batch .. which is easier said than done .

Some times this takes a while .. some times its for a rare part so they wait untill theres several orders .. this is back order .

I often fit parts that are 5 years old and even older at times .

Longest wait .. hmm .. i think 10 monthes for an oil tank .. but we had a targa that sat at work for 4 monthes not long ago waiting for motors .. basically there were none in the world .

997 has been out of production for a while now im afraid and some parts are running low .. Porsche doesn,t like paying for hundreds of items to sit on the shelf for years until they get their money back .. i can kinda understand that .

:yeah:

Halcyon said:
Geezer 911 said:

Thanks for the note. The car is still with the Indy what plastic tab are you referring to I will ask him to remove it?

Demort I cannot thank you enough. I have asked my guy to action the diagram. Will let you know when it has been fixed.

Halycyon snd Dermot

Thank you for solving my issue the problem has now been remedied.

Cheers

Interesting. I recently received a pamphlet from Porsche telling me all about their Classic parts for all 996 and earlier models.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back