Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

This has to be a misprint or a scam surely?

Albionmuz

<advert link expired>

No contact details that I can see, is this George Eaton's latest little jape?

Definate scam. I looked at this yesterday and recall seeing the same car for sale a few weeks back, in the £40k's IIRC.

If only it was legit... i'd be knocking on their door with a fistful of used notes. :grin:

C.

cableguy said:
Definate scam. I looked at this yesterday and recall seeing the same car for sale a few weeks back, in the £40k's IIRC.

If only it was legit... i'd be knocking on their door with a fistful of used notes. :grin:

C.

Problem being there doesn't appear to be anyone to contact. Weird

Scam Fail :)

Mileage in the interior pic looks like 125k, rather than 60k.

On a more positive note, how good does this Black on Chestnut 993 C2 Manual Coupe look for sale at Ashgood:

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U681

IMG_4801-thumb.jpg

:bandit:

C.

Albionmuz said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-993/porsche-911-993/8577190

No contact details that I can see, is this George Eaton's latest little jape?

Done their dough and tail end of the bell curve :dont know:

Ashgood car. Nice dog dick red interior but the comfort seats combination remind me of my scrotum having just gotten out of a very hot bath :what:

Agreed re seats in Ashgood car although I sympathise for your poor wife's eyes. :grin:
Seat change and a Black 3 Spoke Wheel and that be a cracking C2.

C.

cableguy said:
Seat change and a Black 3 Spoke Wheel and that be a cracking C2.

My thoughts exactly.

Zingari said:
but the comfort seats combination remind me of my scrotum having just gotten out of a very hot bath :what:

LOL - I was thinking what a great car, but could now never buy that colour combo........

I was bored so emailed the seller. Not supr8singly there's a story lol, here's his reply. I already reported it to PH as a scam...

First time, thank you for showing an interest in my 1997 Porsche 911 993 Carrera. I have attached some photos of the car. The car is perfect condition, no scratches, no need for additional repairs, also you can verified the service history using Reg#pP723VFA, MOT until 25.06 2018, HPI clear, and has 60,000 total miles. My asking price is actually the exact amount I need to update my vehicle, thus I am looking to get £17,000 in order to avoid any delays.

Currently I'm on a meeting of doctors in Warsaw (Poland) traveling due to the nature of my job, if you are a serious buyer, we can sort out the details in next mail.

Regards,

Dr. Michael Anderson

ChrisT70 said:
I was bored so emailed the seller. Not supr8singly there's a story lol, here's his reply. I already reported it to PH as a scam...

First time, thank you for showing an interest in my 1997 Porsche 911 993 Carrera. I have attached some photos of the car. The car is perfect condition, no scratches, no need for additional repairs, also you can verified the service history using Reg#pP723VFA, MOT until 25.06 2018, HPI clear, and has 60,000 total miles. My asking price is actually the exact amount I need to update my vehicle, thus I am looking to get £17,000 in order to avoid any delays.

Currently I'm on a meeting of doctors in Warsaw (Poland) traveling due to the nature of my job, if you are a serious buyer, we can sort out the details in next mail.

Regards,

Dr. Michael Anderson

I am guessing he is a colleague of British surgeon George Eaton.

Bodmin - please go with a version of 'Father Bateyoo Reelgud The Church of Fish and Bread'. I have never read that one before - thats hilarious! :floor:

Looks like the usual scam approach, please pay a deposit to a third party fully refundable if you don't proceed and I will arrange for the car to be inspected by you - cash and seller never to be seen again. I thought these type of scams had run there course but perhaps we have a new wave of scamsters.

Apologies for high-jacking the thread but I thought George Eaton was the innocent party that sort of got taken advantage of by a.n.other. I know there is a lengthy thread on the whole story that I did sort of dip into a bit at the time but it got confusing so I gave up - was Eaton innocent or have I misunderstood?

Sorry for going off at a tangent.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back