Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Audio advice for a novice

Pics - amp in spare wheel, sub under seat.

Attachments

• under_seat_sub__copy_132.jpg
    under_seat_sub__copy_132.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 6,958
  • img_3569_109.jpg
    img_3569_109.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6,958
OK, this is looking good for the amp in the spare wheel. I have found that a set of cables run from the head unit through a gromet, just above the pedals. consisting of power, left and right audio and what i thought was a din plug, but it looks like a special fitting, has anyone any ideas?

Attachments

• porsche_boot_connector2_206.jpg
    porsche_boot_connector2_206.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6,625
motivator said:
OK, this is looking good for the amp in the spare wheel. I have found that a set of cables run from the head unit through a gromet, just above the pedals. consisting of power, left and right audio and what i thought was a din plug, but it looks like a special fitting, has anyone any ideas?
Alpine Ai-Net CD changer cable - left/right audio, plus control signals and (IIRC) power too.

The other power and audio cables that you have most probably used to connect (the head unit) to an under-bonnet amplifier.

Chris993C2 said:
motivator said:
Alpine Ai-Net CD changer cable - left/right audio, plus control signals and (IIRC) power too.

The other power and audio cables that you have most probably used to connect (the head unit) to an under-bonnet amplifier.

Wow fantastic knowledge, thanks. :worship:

OK well that means I can't reuse it, but at least I can run new cables through the existing gromet for the spare wheel amp. :D

OK, I am now torn between spare wheel or under passenger seat for the amp.
Can anyone tell me if you need/should have the great thick power cable going from the battery to the amp?
This is going to be the deciding factor, if i have to run that to the passenger seat.

Have you ruled out putting a sub under the seat?

Dont have a Sub or an Amp

Have the Becker Cascade Head unit
Upgraded the door speakers and tweeter to Focal units
and changes the rear 6x4 speaker to a low profile 7x5 set from In Phase

Upgraded the sound and vibration insulation, which made a difference via http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1398524#1398524

Tobesetc said:
Have you ruled out putting a sub under the seat?
Not going to go for the sub but have ordered an amp, which i think will go in the spare wheel.
Just waiting for it to be delivered to figure out the wiring.

OK I am having further thoughts about the position of the amp in the frunk.

Has anybody actually used their spare wheel? And as a matter of interest, where do you put the full size wheel, because I doubt it will fit in the spare wheel area?

Has anyone tried fitting an amp into the space at the front where the first aid kit would go, behind the cardboard backed piece of the carpet?

I'm interested to see how those door speakers from Gert are wired and sound as it looks like the existing tweeters will be redundant.

Pretzel - I'll let you know my thoughts once I get it installed at the end of the month.

I am hoping it'll sound a hell of a lot better than present when any bass at all is entirely distorted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back