Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S lowering springs...again

Hans Gruber

I'm about to buy some springs for my C4S to get rid of the horrendous arch gap.

D911 list the H&R springs as part no 29385-1 giving a 25mm drop (over std I think not the C4S height)

However, just looked on H&R's own site as they have a sale on, full set giving 25mm drop front and rear for £245 inc vat except the part number is 29466-2?

Must say I don't have a massive amount of confidence in D911 but can anyone confirm which is correct? you would think the manufacturer is right and D911 are wrong.....again

You would be amazed at the effect a decent set of wheel spacers have on a C4S.

Low cost (alternative?) and if you still want to lower then you haven't wasted any money on the spacers as can keep them on as well for that ultimate stance :grin:

I was really surprised after fitting spacers to mine and tbh no need for lowering really :thumb:

Good spot on the H&R sale. They specifically state for 4wd models, incl 4S so id say take the ones from the H&R website.

I'm very tempted myself to be honest.

Defo go H&R route if you're gonna get some :thumb:

As your talking spacers.

I have a 997.1 c4s with Turbo wheels and have spacers, I think 5mm but need to check.

How big can I go?

Oh err mrs

Thanks for the replies chaps, I will definitely go with spacers but I still fancy the low stance, not rude boy low I am after all a pillar of the community!

Seeing as I have highlighted the great price from HandR can anyone return the favour and tell me where the best place to get spacers from is?

RUF spacers are the best IMO as they do an interlocking hubcentric front at 7mm. Not overly easy to get hold of and expensive!!

Failing this, I think H&R again do good spacer kits for the 996 and they also can supply studs if you wish to adapt the hubs.

If you are going for a 15mm rear then many (including H&R/Eibach) are the bolt on type which already feature studs/nuts and you just use your existing wheel bolts to fix in place. The wheel bolt heads sit in the 'pockets' behind your alloy wheel once in place.

In terms of where? eBay probably! :dont know:

Thanks Storm I will take at look at RUF 👍

Hans Gruber said:
Thanks Storm I will take at look at RUF 👍

RUF UK don't list them on their website 'shop' but if you email Richard he can get them from Germany for you (or order direct from the DE website). There is shipping, tax and a bank/PayPal fee which they charge on top.

The spacers are excellent quality and for the fronts you just need longer wheel bolts which you can get from fleabay.

I didn't want to risk causing a vibration and so far all is super with mine!

:thumb:

Thanks for the tips storm-zy :thumbs:

Hans Gruber said:
storm-zy :thumbs:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

elvis-071.gif

Gruber-sy,

Porscheshop also do a range of spacers with hub spigots down to 3mm , there is another place that diverzeusy (Paul) listed on another thread about spacers etc . they looked even better value than Porscheshop and also had spigots , cant remember the name of them thought ,drop him a PM :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Gruber-sy,

Porscheshop also do a range of spacers with hub spigots down to 3mm , there is another place that diverzeusy (Paul) listed on another thread about spacers etc . they looked even better value than Porscheshop and also had spigots , cant remember the name of them thought ,drop him a PM :thumb: :thumb:

'Philski' :floor: Trust you to carry this on... :grin:

Attachments

• 093301e5e8c5d4e8d366f27af7c7f750_763.png
    093301e5e8c5d4e8d366f27af7c7f750_763.png
    276.8 KB · Views: 3,619

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back