Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Euro trip - Belgium / Luxembourg

e92

Monza
I will be driving the Porsche to Europe this summer and wanted to know if anyone has any good recommendations for a safe place to park in both Belgium and Luxembourg. I have heard that people break into cars with foreign plates. Even a good hotel with secure parking would be fine. Any help would be appreciated..I know my car is old and maybe worthless to some but its my P&J :thumbs:

I can thoroughly recommend the 'Hotel de la Poste Relais' in Bouillon not far from the border with Luxembourg.

A group of us stayed there last April.

See => Belgium 2017 :cloud9:

That' a bit of a wide ranging request.

Like, does anyone know of a safe place to park in England and Wales.

Just use your common sense, like you would here.

We have done many Euro trips and never had even a hint of a problem. Just check the parking with the hotel before booking.

Last time I was in Luxembourg was in a Maserati 4200. We drove around the centre, observed two fights and a drug deal, then promptly turned tail and went down to a quiet motorway hotel a fair distance away.

Rough as a badger's arse, from what I saw. But then that is like driving into Brixton and writing off the entirety of London.

*Top Tip: if the prostitutes look like scaffolders it's not a nice place*

T8 said:
I can thoroughly recommend the 'Hotel de la Poste Relais' in Bouillon not far from the border with Luxembourg.

A group of us stayed there last April.

See => Belgium 2017 :cloud9:

Great write up. I will be going with the Mrs so I think she would like that hotel

PeterS said:
That' a bit of a wide ranging request.

Like, does anyone know of a safe place to park in England and Wales.

Just use your common sense, like you would here.

We have done many Euro trips and never had even a hint of a problem. Just check the parking with the hotel before booking.

:grin: I meant to say Brussels instead of Belgium. Its what happens if I start working too early in the morning.

DrJimBone said:
Last time I was in Luxembourg was in a Maserati 4200. We drove around the centre, observed two fights and a drug deal, then promptly turned tail and went down to a quiet motorway hotel a fair distance away.

Rough as a badger's arse, from what I saw. But then that is like driving into Brixton and writing off the entirety of London.

*Top Tip: if the prostitutes look like scaffolders it's not a nice place*

'if the prostitutes look like scaffolders it's not a nice place' :floor:

I didnt realise Luxembourg could be that bad. I need to do some more research. Im flexible in where to stay, so even if it is away from everything its fine. The Mrs may not like it though :hand:

In Luxembourg City, I've stayed at the Sofitel in the European Quarter a couple of times without any problems - decent outdoor car park. It's about a 10-15 min walk to reach the centre, but is somewhere I'd stay again quite happily. No run-ins with "scaffolders" to report either.. :lol:

In Brussels, some of the car parks can be pretty tight - I've used the car park at the Radisson Blu even when I haven't stayed there. The ramp has a pretty tight bend for a 997, but it's pretty secure and reasonably priced - can't recommend the hotel itself at the moment though. A lot of the hotels near the Grand Place don't have their own parking, and as you head out towards Gare du Midi and Anderlecht I certainly wouldn't park anything interesting on the street - leave nothing on display if you do..

Graemep said:
In Luxembourg City, I've stayed at the Sofitel in the European Quarter a couple of times without any problems - decent outdoor car park. It's about a 10-15 min walk to reach the centre, but is somewhere I'd stay again quite happily. No run-ins with "scaffolders" to report either.. :lol:

In Brussels, some of the car parks can be pretty tight - I've used the car park at the Radisson Blu even when I haven't stayed there. The ramp has a pretty tight bend for a 997, but it's pretty secure and reasonably priced - can't recommend the hotel itself at the moment though. A lot of the hotels near the Grand Place don't have their own parking, and as you head out towards Gare du Midi and Anderlecht I certainly wouldn't park anything interesting on the street - leave nothing on display if you do..

That's great! Exactly the advice I was after. Thanks :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back