Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP! Warning light Take To Workshop

Me too :popcorn:

And me. :popcorn:

Proper secret squirrel stuff. I reckon it was the butler.

:grin:

Oh Fkkkkkkkk - Its Baaaaddddd, really Bad.

So, the oil leak.... they have found it!

Borescopeing on #6. Its the worse case scenario. Can go on using it But it will use a lot of oil, or fkking engine rebuild. I could literally cry.

ADVICE NEEDED PLS chaps:

Had the car 10 months, done about 3000 miles in it. Bought it with a 12 month warranty Im fairly certain although cant find the paperwork right now. I'm guessing none of this will be covered? Or could it be argued that it should be covered??

I had full borescope check from the garage it is at now as well as a full pre-inspection. It came back like so - word for word: ''carry our full borescope check, all ok just a very small mark on #6''

So - they saw a mark on "6 but i would never had bought it IF it didn't say ''All OK'' - but.... admittedly that was 10 months ago.

So - what to do? A full re-build is out the question right now as ive got a million house things to pay for.

This is new territory for me - any advice / help - GREATLY appreciated.

I guess im ''proper fkked''???

Cheers in advance.

Dan.

Bad news, really sorry to read this.

First thing I would do is fish out the warranty paperwork as it may well be covered. Where did you buy the car?

Had you not noticed any constant tic-tic-tic at idle, an oily left tail-pipe? There is a difference between marking/scoring on a cylinder and bore-score as we know it.

The sort of oil use you spoke of would surely manifest in some white smoke etc.

Who's looking at the car for you?

The low oil level probably accelerated the scoring.

Looks like you'll be handing your keys to Hartech and asking them what they'll give you for the car........or get a bank loan and have it fixed. Then your 2 options are sell the car rebuilt and clear your loan or keep the car and pay the loan off.

Personally I'd go down the loan route then decide after the rebuild my next course of action.

I can't find the fing paperwork but im sure they definitely included a 12 month warranty so i will call them now and ask them to re-send it. I bought it from Price Motor Group. They sell a lot of exotic cars to the football players around here - mine was the cheapest by a long way.
http://www.princemotorgroup.co.uk/

No - no strange noises, a tiny bit white smoke on start up but nothing to speak of. No oil on the ground - I park in on the drive so any oil would be very clearly visible.

Jaz in St Albans have the car - they are a Porsche indy. They said they put a camera in and had a look and now its clearly visible.

FARRRRRKKKKKKK

alex yates said:
The low oil level probably accelerated the scoring.

Looks like you'll be handing your keys to Hartech and asking them what they'll give you for the car........or get a bank loan and have it fixed. Then your 2 options are sell the car rebuilt and clear your loan or keep the car and pay the loan off.

Personally I'd go down the loan route then decide after the rebuild my next course of action.

So you dont think there is any recourse on the garage that did the inspection 10 months / 3000 miles ago? Ive spoken to a couple of folk over the last hour or so who had a very different opinion..... Im certainly not about to chuck my car to someone and ask what they'll give me for it!

Don't panic yet Dan :damn:

:splat: but your emotions are probably all over the place...god, I sound like an old woman!!! :sad:

Just make a couple of calls, wait for the facts rather than opinions...there will be others here who will offer some really good advice :judge:

Hope it's all covered under the warranty but if it's not, the Forum will help :thumb:

:friends:

HSC911 said:
Don't panic yet Dan :damn:

:splat: but your emotions are probably all over the place...god, I sound like an old woman!!! :sad:

Just make a couple of calls, wait for the facts rather than opinions...there will be others here who will offer some really good advice :judge:

Hope it's all covered under the warranty but if it's not, the Forum will help :thumb:

:friends:

LOL - thanks mate, appreciated. Yep, slightly shocked by the call to say the least. No ones dead so its clearly not the end of the world just a massive pain in the ass.

NOPE, warranty was only 3 months - just checked, so thats that. Move on...

Worse worse case its an engine rebuild BUT im a bit miffed that a 10 year old car which I paid to have checked 10 months ago for exactly this problem, would suddenly fall apart in 3000 miles?

Also tad frustrating as im not an expert as im not a mechanic, so the only options im being told are - £8-10k rebuild or basically chuck some fkkers the keys and walk away - LOL, oh - ok.

There are varying degrees of rebuild... it its just one cylinder and the rest of the engine is fine, then you could just do that so it can be sold if you wish. There is other stuff that generally gets recommended while you are at it, but then the cost starts to increase. Have a proper chat with Jaz and take it from there.

If you sell the car as is, then anyone buying it will low-ball on the basis that it will cost them more to fix, so it may cost you more in total vs repairing and selling.

Or get a proper job done and keep it for 5-10 yrs, then it won't seem so bad! Remember the car is no longer depreciating.

Call Hartech and ask them if its possible for it to score over that period. Also tell them it needed 3 litres of oil to top it up and what effect would that have on the scoring. Then it'll give you a better idea when dealing with the dealer you got it from.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back