Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another issue, it keeps beeping at me

Thomp1983

Well it seems I'm on a roll with the car having issues at the minute. Ever since I reconnected the battery whilst it was off the road for welding the car has started beeping at me.

It beeps once when I get out of the car and then beeps twice when it's locked, I believe this is to signify an issue with the alarm/ locking system. I thought it'd be easy to check using durametric but I keep getting an error saying the cable can't be detected.

I'm wondering if the issue is the ignition switch although I replaced it last year with a new one as it wasn't returning from the start position.

Without durametric is there an easy way of testing what's causing the beeping?

Chris

Make sure everything in the car is shut including door pockets and glove box.

Snap.

Snap + 1

Im going to be different just for the hell of it .. also i dont think its the center consol lid :p

Beep once .. something is not in a position that the alarm system likes .. it see something open basically ..

Beep twice and its a fault .. something is not doing what it should and not something thats open ..

Im going with a door lock ass. and probably the drivers side as thats the most common of the 2 to fail

You need a tester to check as its a 5 min job to diagnose .

The cable fault .. yup its a pain .. it seems when ever i use ours it does that .. i unplug and plug the lead back in then run the software again .. sometimes several times .. also try staying in the program and unplug/plug it then try accessing the system .

After that i use the Piwis or autologic tester as ive lost patience .

Now you mention locks demort, awhile ago I unlocked the car and the passenger door didn't open I had to cycle the locking a few times to get it to open could it be linked?

The beeping didn't start until quite awhile after that though.

Is there a way to test the locks without a tester incase my cable continues to refuse to play ball?

I reckon passenger side door lock actuator. :?:

Thomp1983 said:
Now you mention locks demort, awhile ago I unlocked the car and the passenger door didn't open I had to cycle the locking a few times to get it to open could it be linked?

The beeping didn't start until quite awhile after that though.

Is there a way to test the locks without a tester incase my cable continues to refuse to play ball?

Yup it could well be the passenger lock .. but we are all guessing and there are several items that could cause this fault .

Its a quick job to diagnose with a tester .. you look at the values for all the items involved then lock the car .. the doors have a normal lock and a secured lock so it might say secured but not locked .. it may well be seeing a key barrel stuck on open .

you cant check a lock as such without a lot of work and a wiring diagram .. you would have to test each micro switch .. and then possibly the same for the other side ..

Its not worth the effort .

I had a chat at work about the cable fault .. boss says its normally the usb port on the computer , try another usb port and perhaps have a look at the cable usb .. contacts all ok etc .

You could also try reinstaling the software .

Need to get a tester on it basically .

@ JS1500 no arguments from me there :thumb:

Time to bump an old thread, I've now got a working durametric pro cable so how would I go about testing what's causing the issue?

I can say it's not the cubby hole latch I tested it with a multimeter and it's working properly, I'm going to remove the bonnet and engine bay switches next and check them with the meter as there easy access

There should be some actual values for the alarm system .. your looking for something that says front bonnet , door open , door secure etc etc

You then check the value against the item .. so does it say door closed on the tester when the door is closed .. does it say both doors are secured when you lock the car and so on .

Just to add my recent experience - 2 beeps after locking turned out to interior monitoring sensor had given up. Local Porsche centre wanted to charge me £188 for sensor plus minimum of 2 hours labour ( ' don't really know how long it will take we have never done one before!") for grand total of at least £392.
Purchased good second hand complete interior light unit ( where monitor is housed) for £45 and fitted in 10 minutes - result!

Demort I don't know if your work has a different version of durametric to me(v6.5.5.5) but I can't see an option for actual values in the alarm section?

PVZqCaz.jpg

the activations section allows me to lock and secure the doors and the other latches etc. but there's nothing I can see that shows what's activated/locked when I press the fob?

Nothing under Alarm > fault codes perhaps?

On the 9x7 there is an led flash sequence which shows where the issue is, once alarm has triggered.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back